575xp help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tickhound93

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hey guys, i want some input on this saw. I make some money flipping saws, i get alot from my stihl dealer, ive wanted a husqy for a while and he had this. Its a 575xp, it is complete minus a bar and chain. Its in pieces. it needs a piston, and from what he says it needs crank bearings. Which means it needs crank bearing seal combo. Do i mess with this thing? i really want to, ive never ran much less owned a husqvarna, and i want to give them a try. I know there is problems with the bearings, any help would be greatly appreciated, as of right now the saw sits in a cardboard box in the machine shed, its not allowed near the wall of stihls in the shop, but i want to hear it run do i cut my loss of 50 bucks for it or should i spend some money and fix it?

Most guys will tell you to cut your losses. I think the problem is that the early one spin the bearings in the case and creates an air leak. That said i love mine. Sort of heavy but its makes a ton of smooth power over wide range of rpms. Not sure what the cutoff is from when they "fixed" the crankcase to keep bearings in place. If you put out a feeler i bet youcan find parts for almost nothing.

Back