576 XPW or 372 XPW ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

luneburg

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Will be grabbing one or the other , either will be brand new . The 372 I have seen a lot of information about it here but not to much on the 576. Just wondering if there is a big difference and whether or not those with the 576 are happy with the saw overall. Will be running a 28" B&C and mostly cutting firewood with it including dropping trees anywhere between 1'- 2' - 3' with an occasional 4'.
Already own 2 60 cc saws with a 262 xp and an echo cs 600p along with a husky 51 for the small stuff . Echo has a 24" B&C and the 262 has a 20" .

thank you kindly for your opinion

You already have firewood saws, no need for a 372 or 576.

As to your question the 576 AT is a great saw, takes a lil getting used to over the 372 but has a much broader torque range and can be pushed harder in big wood.

What the hell do you need a wrap handle for? Get some East coast dawgs and call it a day.

Don't have a full wrap handled saw and was considering having at least one. Point taken though .
While i do have firewood saws would like to have one with a little more torque for the bigger tree's , both taking them down and bucking them.
Better off with the 576 for the bigger trees running a 28" B&C and occasional 32" with a half skip for bigger trees ?

thanks again

I personally like the wrap handle on my 372, makes it more multi-purpose for me, easier to move, especially felling trees, no more back-baring. From my understanding, 372 is a little more peaky power wise, where as the 576 is a little broader and more torquey. I like my 372 though, pulls a 24" buried in red oak no issues, im sure it would handle 28-32" if needed.

You already have firewood saws, no need for a 372 or 576.

As to your question the 576 AT is a great saw, takes a lil getting used to over the 372 but has a much broader torque range and can be pushed harder in big wood.

I used to call a 262xp my big saw too. But after years of pushing the biatch through big ass Oak I went and bought a 372xp. 372 is to a 262 what a log splitter is to a splitting maul.

Back