576xp being replaced with 572XP . . . Latest generation auto tune

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd like some learnin' from the real loggers. It is my impression that feller bunchers and automated equipment are able to process timber faster (and safer) than loggers can. Barring the extreme slope terrain, I believe the logging industry is moving to more automated mechanical methods. My belief, is that the number of logging jobs over the past century, even the past couple decades, is diminishing, as are the size of the trees that are being logged (as evidenced by the "old photos" thread). Am I wrong?

Further, most of these loggers who work the PNW are only there in the PNW, where the terrain is steep and the men are manly. But Husqvarna is going to want to sell saws across the entire country, even across much of Europe, Australia, and elsewhere, where very large trees and very steep terrain do not always exist. The interpretation of what a logger is may vary in different parts of the world. Do you disagree?

Given this belief, it would seem that Husqvarna, in looking to identify their target audience, knows that they can only sell so many "pro" saws to loggers who work on steep slopes with huge trees, and after that they are looking to bolster sales by selling to arborists, county line workers, electric company trimming crews, fire departments, gardeners /landscapers, farmers, forestry workers and pro-sumers. These diverse demographics may not use the saw 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, but their numbers may surpass the number of loggers who are shopping for a saw. If the bulk of sales for the 572xp will rely on non-loggers to support moving inventory across dealership floors, it may be reasonable to forgive the video footage showing the newest, coolest, baddest auto-tune fuel efficient saw using 20-24" bars, cutting trees on flat ground as simply marketing material to excite the buying demographic, and not actual market research on durability in the hands of some of the most extreme use cases.

Discuss

The loggers don't have a problem with the terrain, it's the camera crews that do. They were taking it easy so they could film them using the new saw up close, as opposed to from a chopper or a pair of binoculars.
Come out here and carry a longer bar minimum of 32" all day long and it's not just camera angles. I've cut timber long enough that is bs I've had this saw in my hands it's nice but this doesn't do it BS in real terms.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'd like some learnin' from the real loggers. It is my impression that feller bunchers and automated equipment are able to process timber faster (and safer) than loggers can. Barring the extreme slope terrain, I believe the logging industry is moving to more automated mechanical methods. My belief, is that the number of logging jobs over the past century, even the past couple decades, is diminishing, as are the size of the trees that are being logged (as evidenced by the "old photos" thread). Am I wrong?

Further, most of these loggers who work the PNW are only there in the PNW, where the terrain is steep and the men are manly. But Husqvarna is going to want to sell saws across the entire country, even across much of Europe, Australia, and elsewhere, where very large trees and very steep terrain do not always exist. The interpretation of what a logger is may vary in different parts of the world. Do you disagree?

Given this belief, it would seem that Husqvarna, in looking to identify their target audience, knows that they can only sell so many "pro" saws to loggers who work on steep slopes with huge trees, and after that they are looking to bolster sales by selling to arborists, county line workers, electric company trimming crews, fire departments, gardeners /landscapers, farmers, forestry workers and pro-sumers. These diverse demographics may not use the saw 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, but their numbers may surpass the number of loggers who are shopping for a saw. If the bulk of sales for the 572xp will rely on non-loggers to support moving inventory across dealership floors, it may be reasonable to forgive the video footage showing the newest, coolest, baddest auto-tune fuel efficient saw using 20-24" bars, cutting trees on flat ground as simply marketing material to excite the buying demographic, and not actual market research on durability in the hands of some of the most extreme use cases.

Discuss
I run both a harvester/buncher in the PNW the largest I cut mechanical is 28 double sides by hand take your pick I got broke in falling long poles up to 175ft. This is a sweet saw but to be used in Europe is nothing I'll push a saw here a 32" goes a 562 now a 372 gets 32" square chisel a 390 will pull up to a 42" semi chisel and a 395 will pull a 60" semi chisel if you call bs on me I'll glad say you're full of crap. This area of the world is the hardest on a saw hint why stuff is always tested here a 60cc saw is saw a 20" bar is a joke learn to walk timber first.

It appears all loggers believe where they are, is the center of the universe.[emoji4]

Discuss.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
There's loggers and fallers that's fighting words from where I'm from. Do you know the difference between a west cutter/faller and a logger?

It appears all loggers believe where they are, is the center of the universe.
emoji4.png

Discuss.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

this is about a saw getting tested and the fact it hasn't been yet. 661 was looking awesome right up until it got to the coast. heck, some people from pecker pole country still think it's a reliable saw lol. maybe it is in pecker poles? i always forget that some people from back east have never seen a "mountain" let alone stand on the side of really steep one. to watch a vid like that one can really be misleading to a guy that has never seen the true difference. it's an eye opener and until you see it you have no opinion lol.

Logger's... Faller's... Quit a week here in Florida when they come down. How about you cut over a structure! 110 degree temps and humidity. We Love yall west coasters over north easterners though. Would agree more if yall push the end state off into the ocean though.

Logger's... Faller's... Quit a week here in Florida when they come down. How about you cut over a structure! 110 degree temps and humidity. We Love yall west coasters over north easterners though. Would agree more if yall push the end state off into the ocean though.

were talking about testing a saw which i guarentee you your not doing in Florida lol you can have cutting like that. i don't know any faller who'd even take work like that let alone work the week. we work alone.

this is about a saw getting tested and the fact it hasn't been yet. 661 was looking awesome right up until it got to the coast. heck, some people from pecker pole country still think it's a reliable saw lol. maybe it is in pecker poles? i always forget that some people from back east have never seen a "mountain" let alone stand on the side of really steep one. to watch a vid like that one can really be misleading to a guy that has never seen the true difference. it's an eye opener and until you see it you have no opinion lol.

I know cutie pie, you loggers are just too much fun to leave alone.:picture:

From the whispers I've been hearing, good old Husky got the message and actually put these saws in the hands of real men out west.o_O

I know cutie pie, you loggers are just too much fun to leave alone.:picture:

From the whispers I've been hearing, good old Husky got the message and actually put these saws in the hands of real men out west.o_O

As far as I know, even the one I ran was not tested in big wood and spent most of it's time inland. I mean sure, it did have a 36" bar and I did try it burried but not Day in day out. Don't get me wrong though. Hearing of this beefed up bottom end has me stoked. Hopefully we have something bullet proof but until it's been properly tested I'm not gonna hold my breath. Every area has real men dummy, they just don't film themselves looking foolish with a fisher price butter cutter cutting firewood calling themselves professional loggers. Lol may as well get them in a toto for the vid

I like that Husky is considering many aspects for "testing". In humidity/heat and icy cold conditions to test auto tune. In big west coast soft wood, but also in hard east coast wood, to assess power and torque. I guess having a long bar in the hands of ham-fisted operators who like to run dull chains and pry out the wedge will test bearings and the bottom end. I don't really think the saw knows if it's on level ground, steep hill sides, or cliff faces.

I like that Husky is considering many aspects for "testing". In humidity/heat and icy cold conditions to test auto tune. In big west coast soft wood, but also in hard east coast wood, to assess power and torque. I guess having a long bar in the hands of ham-fisted operators who like to run dull chains and pry out the wedge will test bearings and the bottom end. I don't really think the saw knows if it's on level ground, steep hill sides, or cliff faces.

no **** aye lol running max bar length on a powerhead with a lethal chain in big wood is what it'll get day in day out tank after tank til she's dead. it'll even be stored on the hill in a stump or log butt something like that for weeks at a time in the coastal monsoon rain fall if it goes the whole time not needing any work. you will find very few here running a **** chain. without a sharp chain a faller is nothing and he wouldn't last very long. they might give him a few days to see improvements. the saw might even in fact feel the steep hill side if a guy accidently lets go of it. when you accidently let go of a saw on a hill it goes where gravity takes it and **** gets smashed in the process. sometimes they even end up under things you don't want them under. it's all part of the testing lol

I have made my living for almost 30 years cutting trees down here on the east coast. I thought I was a 'logger', but apparently not.

you know i was jab'n guys right? call yourself a logger, i don't care. to be honest, i actually hate to be called a logger. i know there is some worthy wood left but come on man. my grandfather logged from east to west. he left the east back in the 60's cause there was nothing left to be cut there lol. or has it grown back? hahahah logging is supposed to be a hard job which it is but there are many vids on the interwebs where people call themselves loggers but they are cutting firewood. gives the wrong impression to people as i said, it's not that easy.

I have made my living for almost 30 years cutting trees down here on the east coast. I thought I was a 'logger', but apparently not.
Logger normally does everything from cutting right down to getting the logs onto the trucks, a cutter or faller is exactly that. You guys out there don't have crews of cutters or whole companies that do nothing but falling and mechanical cutting one I can think of right off the top of my head runs 4 bunchers and 8 hand crews.

Logger normally does everything from cutting right down to getting the logs onto the trucks, a cutter or faller is exactly that. You guys out there don't have crews of cutters or whole companies that do nothing but falling and mechanical cutting one I can think of right off the top of my head runs 4 bunchers and 8 hand crews.

Our outfit consists of 2 harvesters, 1 buncher and 1 saw. I being the saw, am responsible for falling the 'oversized' trees that are deemed to big for the 'machines'. I fall them, limb them and cut them into logs and stud wood. I cut mostly spruce, though currently a lot of hardwood.

Our outfit consists of 2 harvesters, 1 buncher and 1 saw. I being the saw, am responsible for falling the 'oversized' trees that are deemed to big for the 'machines'. I fall them, limb them and cut them into logs and stud wood. I cut mostly spruce, though currently a lot of hardwood.

That job description here is machine assistant lol I've done it and it's actually fun cause you get to be on buncher ground all day and you still get to work alone. If the machine can go there, you know it's easy going.

Back