576xp broken piston!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thats called scoring....:hmm3grin2orange::msp_mellow:

Ahh yes that's what i used to call it. Then i lived in south Georgia for 6 years. Now it's "all galled up!"

It seams like a bit of play in the crank/rod bearing. Since i can't seem to get the piston off the rod i think ill take it in and have the shop hone the cylinder and check everything out.

Ahh yes that's what i used to call it. Then i lived in south Georgia for 6 years. Now it's "all galled up!"

It seams like a bit of play in the crank/rod bearing. Since i can't seem to get the piston off the rod i think ill take it in and have the shop hone the cylinder and check everything out.

For what? your not really thinking of reusing that cylinder are you???

You take a couple hits of that bad gas did you??

Here's the picture. I would think the wrist pin failed or overheating. Do you allow your saw to warm up before running it. By warm up I mean idle for a bit?

248858d1345165017-2012-08-16_17-27-21_161-jpg

I couldn't imagine that cylinder would be any good by the looks of the piston. It is never a good idea to hone a cylinder it takes off the niklsil coating that is necessary. If the crank is good I would buy a new oem piston and cylinder.

Latest posts

Back