576xp problems round 3

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brendan42

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
So imma start from the beginning of my problems, and if you dont care, skip ahead to the bold letters
So i bought a 2014 576xp 2 years ago, sparkplug threads were stripped out without realizing, thanks ebay... and the carb was bad, did the top end and put a new carb 350$ down the drain, ran like a dream.
My first post on here was due to problems of it not tuning, did a vac/pres test, was bad crank seals, fixed it, tuned it in and got the top rpm set, that was during the beginning of northern winter.

NOW THIS damn time, started it in 2 weeks ago, figured i had a bad adjustment, reset it to factory setting 1.5 and 3 straight out the manual, fired it up again today and rich in the low, could tune it and hear the bog when over rich, hit the high and whine right out coil hits the limit, held a tach to it reaches 10,500 then the saw goes lean as hell and whines out and the coil limit hits.
Figured an air leak, took the carb off, plug and exhaust to check everything over, upper ring and crown has a score along with the upper cylinder on exhaust side. Obviously crud got in there, did the pres/vac 8psi and -10 inHg didnt drop one bit, shook the intake manifold and same, didnt drop.

i need some help solving this if anyone can help before i go huck this junk saw off a mountain side

So your saying test the fuel line into the tank for basically a vac check? And it shouldn't build up any vacuum if im getting this right?

How did you repair original air leak from a bad bearing on clutch side. Was bearing spinning in pocket? Did you use sleeve locker when installing new bearing and seal?

Just ended up pulling the old seals out and replaced with oem seals, after the repair i pres/vac checked it again and no leak was visible on the pres gauge

Is case warming up, expanding and allowing bearing to spin in pocket. When that happens, air leak and increased rpm?

Duce, I would figure that too or even my first thought was a crank seal went bad again, but it only leans out once it hits 10,500 rpm then acts as though it has just fumes running to it till the coil kills spark, if there was a constant leak you would think it would constantly act lean

Is case warming up, expanding and allowing bearing to spin in pocket. When that happens, air leak and increased rpm?
Now im actually wondering if that could be causing it, i wish I could actually vac test it at operation temp to see

Latest posts

Back