Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I purchased a ms362cm from a fellow forum member, he did a muffler mod on it. The 362 had a total of 3 tanks run through it when I got it. After I ran 4 or 5 tanks through it really came alive. I would say it would keep up with my ms440 in 6 to 12 inch. Not sure on bigger stuff.

I purchased a ms362cm from a fellow forum member, he did a muffler mod on it. The 362 had a total of 3 tanks run through it when I got it. After I ran 4 or 5 tanks through it really came alive. I would say it would keep up with my ms440 in 6 to 12 inch. Not sure on bigger stuff.
Yah ... properly s/u with a 18” b/c they will rip thru 16” or less wood with authority ... I have one and it purrs like a kitten and drives like a Cadillac!

Yah ... I much prefer the 362cm to the 562xp! The 362cm I built has the stocker outcut over 20% - that’s a lot of wood in a days cutting ... starts runs and cuts ... buddies 562xp back in shop again carb ; he’s gonna get rid of it and get the 362cm

both ported ... husky a click quicker but STIHL sounds throatier and has way less rpm in the cut

That's the lamest vs. vid I've ever seen. Different bars and chains. Cutting punky wood. That right there is EXACTLY why vids don't mean a damn thing.
Don’t complain ! Suggest something better !

That's the lamest vs. vid I've ever seen. Different bars and chains. Cutting punky wood. That right there is EXACTLY why vids don't mean a damn thing.
Right ! If I had a 562xp I’d do a comparison myself - best you’re gonna get off the cuff

Right ! If I had a 562xp I’d do a comparison myself - best you’re gonna get off the cuff
But I don’t have one , nor will I ever own one - too many issues with that 562xp ... when/if they run the 562xp is strong Saw ... methinks me 362cm will STIHL be cuttin long after the husky is in the scrap heap !

Ive got to say, after 2 days now of running a 562 in the woods Im pretty much sold on it being the best little saw Ive ever had in my hands. I don't normally run anything under 70cc but this thing will cut with a 70cc saw! The only place it shows its small size is if you bear down on it and load it up it will stall faster than a bigger saw. BUT if your chain is sharp and let it set its own pace its like a tazmanian devil. Another thing running it has done is cause me to want to try the 572 when and if it ever makes it to our shores. If a 60cc saw can outkick its coverage by 10cc then theres a chance the 572 could cut with the 80cc class saws and THAT would be IMPRESSIVE!

Ive got to say, after 2 days now of running a 562 in the woods Im pretty much sold on it being the best little saw Ive ever had in my hands. I don't normally run anything under 70cc but this thing will cut with a 70cc saw! The only place it shows its small size is if you bear down on it and load it up it will stall faster than a bigger saw. BUT if your chain is sharp and let it set its own pace its like a tazmanian devil. Another thing running it has done is cause me to want to try the 572 when and if it ever makes it to our shores. If a 60cc saw can outkick its coverage by 10cc then theres a chance the 572 could cut with the 80cc class saws and THAT would be IMPRESSIVE!
Glad you're having fun with the 562. Only issue I have with mine is in warm temperatures. Ran a 572 in 90° temps and it didn't miss a beat, super smooth, great ergonomics, a bit heavy for it's size, but the great ergonomics made up for it IMHO.

Back