Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not the lightest or smallest but for a long bar 60cc saw, 62cc mcculloch's should be brought up at least once in this thread. Not a lot of rpm's but pulls full comp 24" threw hardwood well. I would imagine in the PNW cutting fir, 28" full comp would be no problem. Obviously the newer saws have many comfort advantages but I just figured if long bars were gonna be used/mentioned the 62cc mac's should get a mention. Are you done laughing yet? 262xp would be my 1st choice for a 60cc saw running average 60cc saw bar lengths.
I like the simplicity of older saws compared to modern day saws.

It's not the lightest or smallest but for a long bar 60cc saw, 62cc mcculloch's should be brought up at least once in this thread. Not a lot of rpm's but pulls full comp 24" threw hardwood well. I would imagine in the PNW cutting fir, 28" full comp would be no problem. Obviously the newer saws have many comfort advantages but I just figured if long bars were gonna be used/mentioned the 62cc mac's should get a mention. Are you done laughing yet? 262xp would be my 1st choice for a 60cc saw running average 60cc saw bar lengths.
Not laughing 262xp's are great saws.;)

You wrong....
Husqvarna 365

IMG_0599.JPG

I dont even remember the front page of this post, but I think I was headed for best 60cc of the current crop. But since I dont remember, I say the MS360 is the best :p

It always amazes me how these discussions go off track - ha! The McCulloch endorsement really got me to laughing. I had to use those heavy beasts back in the day. I think they were made out of depleted uranium to get the weight up, just for sadistic purposes. I have used most of the saws discussed in this forum, and have come to appreciate reliability and good chains above all other qualities. I can't disagree about the superiority of the Husqvarna 562XP. I leave the 70 cc saw at home when I have access to my 562XP. The 365 is a great saw, just a de-tuned 372XP for the most part. But for a young guy saving a few bucks, I could easily recommend the Echo CS-620P. Muffler mod is easy-peazy. They aren't particularly light (about a 1/2 pound more than the 562XP), but start easy, every time, and have plenty of mid-range torque. It won't out cut the 562XP, but offers plenty of bang for the buck, and you don't have to worry about problems with computer processor chips, or tuning with a computer. I would certainly take the Echo CS-620P over the Stihl MS362. Regardless of model, for those who love them, it is hard to diss any Dolmar saws either.

This is easy, the most popular professional grade 60cc saw sold in the US is the 562xp, that tells you all you need to know, I have owned every saw on the list, ported and stock, nothing pulls like the 562xp, probably the best AV on the market as well.

With the 562, it is one of the rare Huskies that are prettier than their Jonsered twins.

I have ran all the contending 60cc saws, aside from the 562, are they really that much faster/stronger than a early 262xp?

I have no doubt 562's are the best, one of these days I hope to find a deal on one.

I actually prefer to run my 2260, same basic saw just a little smaller, is still love my 262s but parts availability is starting to become an issue even for a hoarder like me, the av and balance on the 562/2260 is probably what I like best about them, I was very hesitant about the new autotune/mtronic saws, i was patient and left them work the bugs out before I bought any.

Latest posts

Back