Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the deal with those saws? Made by husky. But why? I've never seen them out on the west . The name seems odd aswell. Marketing?

They are a 47mm, two transfer port cylinder, on a 372 based bottom end. Mine a is small mount bar.
They are too bulky and heavy for their class but have great throttle reponse and rev high as well. Most people just skip right to a 372.

Side notes what exactly is the 2 series huskys? I think 4 series is homeowner saws, 3 series is pro saws with adjustable carbs and 5 series pro saws with AutoTune.

5 series saws are NOT all AT saws. Ive been running the 5 series for 15 years or so, (guesstimate) The first one I got was a 575 which was their replacement for the 372, which in the bean counting world, they decided was being dropped from the line. After a brief period and due to customer demand, 372 production resumed but I had already switched to 5 series saws so I continued to run them. I know this is against the holy grail of chainsaw people, but the 575/576/576AT saws WILL outcut a stock 372xp and they do it smoother. I only recently started playing with chainsaws in my spare time and I have rebuilt quite a few junkers from the saw pile.

The 570/575 booth had lower end issues, they got them mostly fixed in the 576 but they still have there issues once in a while, they are however a very, very smooth saw, popularity of the 372 has kept it in the shadows.

Hey Dustin, your list in your sig ain't complete until you add a hotsaws101 and Black Cat machine to it. Just sayin'
I’ve got stickers ! Put on saw for an instant 10% gain and 2x resale value ... only 29.99 while supplies last !

Back