Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
caffeine1fg

caffeine1fg

ArboristSite Operative
What's the deal with those saws? Made by husky. But why? I've never seen them out on the west . The name seems odd aswell. Marketing?

They are a 47mm, two transfer port cylinder, on a 372 based bottom end. Mine a is small mount bar.
They are too bulky and heavy for their class but have great throttle reponse and rev high as well. Most people just skip right to a 372.

Overkill338

Overkill338

M-Tronicly Obsessed
Side notes what exactly is the 2 series huskys? I think 4 series is homeowner saws, 3 series is pro saws with adjustable carbs and 5 series pro saws with AutoTune.

Huntaholic

Huntaholic

ArboristSite Guru
AS Supporting Member
5 series saws are NOT all AT saws. Ive been running the 5 series for 15 years or so, (guesstimate) The first one I got was a 575 which was their replacement for the 372, which in the bean counting world, they decided was being dropped from the line. After a brief period and due to customer demand, 372 production resumed but I had already switched to 5 series saws so I continued to run them. I know this is against the holy grail of chainsaw people, but the 575/576/576AT saws WILL outcut a stock 372xp and they do it smoother. I only recently started playing with chainsaws in my spare time and I have rebuilt quite a few junkers from the saw pile.

dustinwilt68

dustinwilt68

Addicted to ArboristSite
The 570/575 booth had lower end issues, they got them mostly fixed in the 576 but they still have there issues once in a while, they are however a very, very smooth saw, popularity of the 372 has kept it in the shadows.