Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MS-261 all magnesium even the cover, 4.0 HP - 10.8lb 50cc of screaming animal IMO! Don’t underestimate this saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That sounds like a pretty sweet saw they definitely don't sell them around here that's a lot of power out of a 50cc

That sounds like a pretty sweet saw they definitely don't sell them around here that's a lot of power out of a 50cc
The ms261 is one of the most popular pro 50cc saws on the planet, I've not been to Arizona but I bet a few folks outside your circle own & run them. What 50cc saws do you mostly see?

The 562XP compares to the Stihl 362C-M. Both good saws although I have very limited time with the 562. I'm more comfortable with the 362 and 461 since that is what I use all the time.

The ms261 is one of the most popular pro 50cc saws on the planet, I've not been to Arizona but I bet a few folks outside your circle own & run them. What 50cc saws do you mostly see?
They don't run saws that small here the landscapers are on echoes

Most people seem to buy the ms440 if they're really serious about chainsaws or the 461 there really isn't any professional logging industry here the forest service people I believe were running 372s and maybe the ms441 ms461.

The ms210 you have in your sig, is that a serious saw...
it's a animal.. No just kidding. I use it if I have to climb up a tree and trim something or if I get my saw stuck and I don't have any other saw with me

the MS361 is the first disguised Husky made by Stihl and does not make me look at a newer 60cc saw. A real fun saw to use with plenty of power.
Only the PITA floppy caps suck.

I think out of all the saws I've had a muffler mod made the biggest difference on a 361, it's probably my favorite saw.

Stihl competed against husky's 262 with the 036 and 360. Then the release the spring AV 361 which obviously took some pages from the 262 book.
Oh I see. They do have some pretty nice spring stuff on the 372xp the Makita dcs6421 is setup similarly they both have very good anti vibe but the Husqvarna you can almost watch the motor float around while it's just idling

Not to argue, but according to Husqvarna its 65cc.

View attachment 681224
You wrong....
Husqvarna 365

The ms210 you have in your sig, is that a serious saw...

On "serious" note, I have a 180 I consider serious. I opened the intake and exhaust ports up a little, giving them the "megaphone" shape. Cleaned the transfers, and port matched the muffler and opened it up. Used a eBay special knockoff of a WT215 carb for adjustability. I think it would run circles around a 210.

Hey guys I’m new to the site was wondering if someone could run the serial number on a saw I was given for a couple buckets of dirt from a home owner next to the lot I was clearing Stihl 141629569 any help would be nice
Thanks

Back