630 Jonsered gas tank leaks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had very good results with a product called Marine Tex applied from inside the tank, and 48 hrs to dry and set, score the application site a bit first.

jomoco

HiOctane said:
Forget about sealing the seam,it wont work.Look instead for used tank.

I kind of figured that would be the deal. Thanks.

jomoco said:
I've had very good results with a product called Marine Tex applied from inside the tank, and 48 hrs to dry and set, score the application site a bit first.

jomoco

I can't get at the leaky portion without opening the whole seam. I will just look for a used tank. Can this Marine Tex handle flexing? Thanks, jomoco.

Replacement tank shouldn't be too hard to come by...625. 630 and 670 tanks all fit. I suppose if you wanted to swap with a husky 61-266-268-272, etc. and were willing to put the husky handlebar on that would work too.

I see 'em on ebay now and then, usually around $25 If they're still available new the price will scare you...

Is it a metal tank or plastic? I can fix it for you if it's metal, but I am heading to Germany in a couple days and I'll be gone for 2 weeks. If you want me to fix it, send me a PM and I'll get back to you when I return and you can send it to me. I fix gas tanks on airplanes for a living. I'll fix it for free as long as you pay the postage.

twoodward15 said:
Is it a metal tank or plastic? I can fix it for you if it's metal, but I am heading to Germany in a couple days and I'll be gone for 2 weeks. If you want me to fix it, send me a PM and I'll get back to you when I return and you can send it to me. I fix gas tanks on airplanes for a living. I'll fix it for free as long as you pay the postage.

Thanks for the offer, but it is plastic. I am checking on a used tank as we speak.

Latest posts

Back