65 miles 1 scary tweakers house and i won!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ckelp

just being myself
Reaction score
well on Friday i responded to a CL add and went to look at what he had well this is what i got:
226055d1330215331-2012-02-24_17-25-32_796-jpg

three super XL's i know i know it's upside down....
226056d1330215401-2012-02-24_17-54-34_364-jpg

i have never seen this before
226060d1330216182-2012-02-25_15-43-53_590-jpg

226061d1330216190-2012-02-25_15-47-10_992-jpg

two 031's here's one of the sprockets the rest of the saw looks that good:msp_biggrin:
226057d1330215460-2012-02-25_15-03-07_248-jpg

the guy look like he came out of some deep woods and rollin' like a fright train i think the guy was started having second thoughts about are deal, he started calling me a "low baller":greenchainsaw:
got in and got out with 11 saws, a castol 330 couple mini macs, some poulans and the XL's the worst thing i seen was some rotted fuel lines

Last edited:
i would not be surprised if there hot
i think i seen a repair tag on one i may have to give them a call
i more or less think the guy was given a bone yard of saws and he was just slinging them on CL

How much did it all cost ya? Stuff like this is why I carry a gun!!

well living in California i whet to this deal with two 6" throwing knifes in my boot and a razor sharp folding knife in the pocket with my hand on it the hole time:redface:
i gave him $150 for all of them as soon as the cash was i his hand i was throwing the saws in the back of my truck as fast as i could and getten' down the road as fast as i could:biggrin:

well living in California i whet to this deal with two 6" throwing knifes in my boot and a razor sharp folding knife in the pocket with my hand on it the hole time:redface:
i gave him $150 for all of them as soon as the cash was i his hand i was throwing the saws in the back of my truck as fast as i could and getten' down the road as fast as i could:biggrin:

Now thats being prepared for Sawmageddon!!

Your Roper looks to be in fine condition, got a few of those here myself and they are quite impressive at 61cc. The "Bolt Action" was the original Oregon Power Sharp system from the 70's, I can see you have a regular chain so don't try to use it. There is a thread on here where another member has been rebuilding them

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/180262.htm

No pictures of the 'scary tweaker house'? :msp_rolleyes:

well when i was walking up to the door i was thinking about snapping a pic but then i got to the door and seen old fitted sheets for blinds and a hunk of poster bored half hass covering the windows in the front door i thought ohh boy then a creepy old guy peeking his head out behind the poster bored to check me out. at that point in time i decide not to lollygag around..:msp_unsure:and do a gab and go..

Your Roper looks to be in fine condition, got a few of those here myself and they are quite impressive at 61cc. The "Bolt Action" was the original Oregon Power Sharp system from the 70's, I can see you have a regular chain so don't try to use it. There is a thread on here where another member has been rebuilding them

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/180262.htm
thanks for the info

Last edited:
You did good!

Back in my mopar scrounging days, I went to a few places that got me thinking I was going to be the main course fer their Supper.

Some of those people made that family down in Texas seem the norm!

i found the repair tag attached to one of the saws i'm going to try calling the place around noon

Nice score little buddy! I was thinking Lake county.

i'd only go up to some of the place's up there with backup and exact directions.. i've got lost up there down a dirt road in my work truck i stopped in a pull out to try to call the customer. two guy with matching AK's append out of nowhere :msp_scared: and convinced me to turn around and don't stop till i got to the highway..

You did good!

Back in my mopar scrounging days, I went to a few places that got me thinking I was going to be the main course fer their Supper.

Some of those people made that family down in Texas seem the norm!
hey my FIL came from east texas and he grew up on a DOT easement. with wall to wall dirt floor...

Last edited:
We have some downright scary backroads places here in NY, I always bring my crazy buddy with me and he sits in the truck with a couple automatic weapons on his lap, I never had a situation where had to step out but it is nice to know he is there and they can't see what is going on due to the dark windows. As far as the guys with matching AK's, I would bet dollars to doughnuts you happened upon a meth lab, there are lots of them about 10 miles south of me and everyone just kinda avoids the area, it is on a reservation and kind of lawless.

Latest posts

Back