660 crank not centered. Help!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badhandagain

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
My crank isn’t centered. There is a business card amount on one side and maybe two business cards amount on the other side. How do I fix it, and what will be my problems if I don’t.
Also my seal to the crankcase is dented up. Is this a problem or do you think it will be fine?

thanks for the help

Thank you guys

Attachments

• D35B10FA-9CF8-4BBB-85F9-EEE92D5B859A.jpeg
    D35B10FA-9CF8-4BBB-85F9-EEE92D5B859A.jpeg
    28.5 KB · Views: 53
  • E2DCB7F8-0E7C-4CFB-9247-BB6492B3DFF9.jpeg
    E2DCB7F8-0E7C-4CFB-9247-BB6492B3DFF9.jpeg
    22.2 KB · Views: 55
Owing to the cleanliness- I am picking not a 660 as such- but a Chinese knock off kit saw.
As such, the seals come fitted in the case already dont they? It is possible you popped the seal a bit when pulling the cases together.
You could try seating the seal again now- but if the internal spring has popped off and is sitting against the back of the bearing- you will not be able to see. Build it up and pressure test to see if the seal is holding- if it is not, I suggest new OEM seals for peace of mind

Is that the seal?
Looks like I can see edge of ball bearings,or is that an illusion?
I’ve never put together a “Blue Chunder” to know what their seals look like, but I’m pretty sure their budget doesn’t stretch to shielded bearings- so possibly aftermarket bearings used as an “ improvement “ or seals made of bubblegum?

Latest posts

Back