660 now runs backwards NO KICKBACK

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NoDipNoMore

NoDipNoMore

ArboristSite Member
My new job requires about a 65 minute commute each way, which offers a lot of time to think and plan. I had a idea last week to modify my 660 recoil mechanism, wind the rope in the opposate direction and finally install the saw chain on the bar backwards. When I started the saw I was really amazed, it was running backwards. With the chain going in the reverse direction, I was able to cut using the top of the bar. No KICKBACK with this badboy. I plan on doing this modification to my 026 and my 038 MAG. If this mod catches on maybe I can patent the mod I do to the recoil pawl. You would be foolish not to try this MOD. Have a great Day

SawTroll

SawTroll

Information Collector
Btw, it would have been a very good idea for ripping with the grain, if it wasn't for the cooling issue.......:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

...and maybe sprocket to drive tang mating......

Last edited:
Stihl_Learning

Stihl_Learning

ArboristSite Member
I may be new here, but wouldn't this be spinning opposite of the direction the chain teeth face?

At least I wouldn't have to learn to sharpen it :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

I rep'd him :clap:
John

Al Smith

Al Smith

Addicted to ArboristSite
Well,it is an April fools joke,a good one at that.Never the less a 2 cycle runs backwards just dandy.I wonder how those 2 cycle golf carts keep from spinning off the parts???

Big feller

Big feller

ArboristSite Operative
Not sure about other makes, but Stihl have measures to prevent running backwards. One magnet of one polarity and three of the other in the ignition.

Good thought about the clutch unwinding as well. Back to standing on you head to get the lower part of the chain going away from you.:hmm3grin2orange:

troutfisher

troutfisher

Addicted to ArboristSite
I did modify a rewind to work backwards. The rewind for my Bikesaw is from a snowmobile, it was on the right side of the engine. I needed it to work on the left side of the saw. I had to flip the spring over, flip the pawl and spring, and drill a hole and move the handle so it would feed the rope back onto the spool. You can see where I welded the handle pocket back to the rewind.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Latest posts