660 Rebuild with Big Bore Kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Howdy,
Sorry that you got the longer piston. I will send you, (or anybody else reading this) a correct piston. Just PM me with a order, or customer number, and I'll get it squared away for you.
Regards
Gregg

But you are wrong! Fox 7190 didnt use 395 piston, Mastermind did. I used the NWP piston, too, and I had to clearense the cases, too. The 395 piston wouldnt have hit, becouse it sits higher on the conrod. Thats why Mastermind had to space up the cylinder.:dizzy::cheers:

Yes, my post was about Mastermind.

Howdy,
Sorry that you got the longer piston. I will send you, (or anybody else reading this) a correct piston. Just PM me with a order, or customer number, and I'll get it squared away for you.
Regards
Gregg

Very cool Greg. :bowdown:

No one can beat Baileys for customer service.....that is a fact. :)

Howdy,
I'm interested in how long ago you got that kit. We had shortened the pistons, and raised the exhaust ports a long time ago, and it shouldn't even come close to hitting the crankcase.
We've been using the same piston manufacturer for a long time and, there are tens of thousands of their pistons out there working now that were sold just by us.
Of the piston failures we've had, at least 9 out of 10 had been modified in some way or another. We've always warranted them even though they were modified in the name of customer service. Maybe it was a mistake and it gave a persona of inherent issues.
The amount of time and money it would take to prove right, or wrong, that a modification caused the failure makes it financially more feasible to just replace it.
Regards
Gregg
Do you sell BB kits? Does this look like old stock? big gap between the piston and exhaust port.

Attachments

• Piston gap 2.jpg
    Piston gap 2.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Piston gap.jpg
    Piston gap.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 5
Howdy,
Free-porting isn't the worst thing in the world but what you have is excessive. When we shortened the piston and raised the port, there was less than 1mm gap. I haven't been doing the aftermarket parts for awhile. Been busy selling mills.
Regards
Gregg

Back