661R Fever ...it's here!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
if he files electronic warranties then he at least has access to the online version of mediacat....so he does have parts lookups for the 661rcm. he just has to know what to look up.
I wouldn't count on that dealership knowing their a** from a hole in the ground.

I stopped by my local Stihl dealer today and now I have a number of boxes in my garage that say MS362, MS271, etc but they're just empty boxes...sigh.
Anyway, I asked if they were going to get any 661's in and he said nope, he had just ordered in four more 660's and plans to sell those until he can't get them anymore. He's convinced his customers are not going to want an electronic saw in that size.

I stopped by my local Stihl dealer today and now I have a number of boxes in my garage that say MS362, MS271, etc but they're just empty boxes...sigh.
Anyway, I asked if they were going to get any 661's in and he said nope, he had just ordered in four more 660's and plans to sell those until he can't get them anymore. He's convinced his customers are not going to want an electronic saw in that size.
Sound like my local dealer

What part you want to know about? The IPL is available to any Stihl dealer.
It doesn't really matter at this point, as my saw is already in transit to Texas. I guess the parts would be: wrap handle, 2 dogs/spikes, and large side cover for a 661R.

I was looking through the pictures on page 2 of this thread again and noticed the emblem on redbulls 661R just says MS661C. Is it normal for the saws with a wrap handle to not have the actual model number on the side? I bet it would cut faster if it had the real number. Everyone knows that an "R" adds at least 10hp to anything it is attached to! :surprised3:

I was looking through the pictures on page 2 of this thread again and noticed the emblem on redbulls 661R just says MS661C. Is it normal for the saws with a wrap handle to not have the actual model number on the side? I bet it would cut faster if it had the real number. Everyone knows that an "R" adds at least 10hp to anything it is attached to! :surprised3:

I better rush out to the shed and paint a "r" on my 661cm............haha

Stihl doesn't put the R on the cover.

Has anyone here actually purchased a MS 661 R C-M in PHO, or must they all be purchased new with a B&C setup?

Also does anyone have the actual part numbers or ordering details for the various 661R variants so that I can properly source one in case my dealer is a bit lacking on education on these models.

Thank you!!!!!!

The dealer I talked to about pho made it sound like they come from Stihl with a bar and chain. If I wanted pho they would order it with whatever size bar and chain they sell the most and just keep the bar and chain to sell to someone else.

Has anyone here actually purchased a MS 661 R C-M in PHO, or must they all be purchased new with a B&C setup?

Also does anyone have the actual part numbers or ordering details for the various 661R variants so that I can properly source one in case my dealer is a bit lacking on education on these models.

Thank you!!!!!!

Ive purchased 3 of them..1 for me and 2 for members here.. PHO

pho - I think it depends on the distributor not the dealer. My dealer's distributor does NOT sell any saw PHO. ie. the distributor's order book only shows saws with bars. Whether it's a little 170 or up to 880.

I think the part # varies by distributor as well. ms 661 cm-r # of bar you want e.g. 36 ...36" bar would look like ms 661 cm-r 36. Don't want an R model then take out the R ... ms 661 cm 36

ok so my 661R is ready to go head to head against my 660R

I have chains and wood for a 28 and 36" test.

Question is ...

The 660 has a 3x ported muffler mod. That seems to be the best for it.

But the 661 is stock yet. So do I test the 660 muff mod against the stock 661? Or do a muff mod test on the 661 to find the best muff mod combo for it and then do muff mod 660 vs muff mod 661 ?

Latest posts

Back