661R Fever ...it's here!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just out of interest what did the 36' cost $ ?.

about 155 shipped I think. they are not cheap!

wow, my Stihl 41/42" 404 is 122; that sucker must really be fat :p

yeah depends on the mount

3002 - s2 - 880 large mount = 135DL's for 3/8ths tip or 122 for 404 tip
3003 - s1 - 660 661 med mount = 130DL's for 3/8ths and 118 for 404 tip ( as the mount area is that much shorter than the large mount, thus required 4 or 5 less dl's)

I want one really bad, but I don't know if it would be good or bad for regular firewood cutting?

I guess there will be no saw for me. My 661R was just dropped off and apparently what I got was a 661C! I'm glad I paid $50 to ship a saw I could have bought for $50 less a month ago! Why is it sooooo hard to get what you ask for?

Those of you ordering a 661 with a 36" bar, do you know if it's .050 or .063? Wanna order some extra chains from Bailey's but not sure which one it'll be. Would order through dealer but I hate being a PITA.

If you told them "R" and you paid for an "R" and you thought you were getting an R. ...that really sucks man :(

on the bright side it looks bad ass with that bar! I'd break it in with a shorter bar to start. If you do use that 41" bar, make sure you push in the pin and turn the oiler to max!

Yes I ordered an R and paid for an R and was expecting an R. I just took some quick pics before packaging it back up in a new box for its return trip to texas.

I went to the dealer today. They had just got the 2nd batch of 661. They have sold one so far. They still have 3 660s. The price isn't great but a lot less than retail they offered it for.

Jeez I feel sorry for paylesspizzaman the saw looks mean as.
Shame it wasn't a r as he ordered.
Can they just send the parts to make it a r or are the c model totally different
That way you could be breaking it in while you wait for the r parts to arrive

If you told them "R" and you paid for an "R" and you thought you were getting an R. ...that really sucks man :(

on the bright side it looks bad ass with that bar! I'd break it in with a shorter bar to start. If you do use that 41" bar, make sure you push in the pin and turn the oiler to max!

Hey redbull660 since you are abit of a 661 guru
I've got a question for you the 661cm or r models are basically the same looking on the out side but I have found out that the internals are different around the world I believe the bores are made of different metals for different country's and the carbs are different brands too have you noticed that or anyone else from around the world....??????????
I know that One doesn't what to buy a 661 from South Africa as The saws over there are a throw away item as it's unlikely that the saw will ever go back to a dealer for a service as once The saw go's bush it's not like they are goin to walk miles out of the bush to get the saw serviced

Jeez I feel sorry for paylesspizzaman the saw looks mean as.
Shame it wasn't a r as he ordered.
Can they just send the parts to make it a r or are the c model totally different
That way you could be breaking it in while you wait for the r parts to arrive
The dealer talked about doing that, but after looking into getting the R parts I was told it would be better to just send the 661cm back and they would send me a 661Rcm. I'm guessing the parts were too expensive or not available. He did say they don't have a parts lookup for the 661Rcm yet.

Latest posts

Back