BREAKING NEWS! STIHL MS 170 & 171 SERIES WILL BE DISCONTINUED!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188535

Chainsaw-wielding middle-schooler
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got off the phone with my friend at the local Stihl dealer when he called me about my warranty axe repair. I told him about the new weed-eaters coming to the AS battery line as well as the TS 910i and TS 710i when he told me that the MS 170 would be discontinued for emissions reasons and be replaced by the MS 162, 172, 182, and 212. I will buy a couple of MS 170s before they are gone. I will also probably get an MS 162.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

61QEVOXjNoL.jpg

If the new version has adjustable carb screws and maintains the screw down caps, I welcome the change. Though it will be more expensive, more restrictive and probably built to lower standards.

Edit: filtration looks better and has spring AV. I wonder how much more they will be compared to the current 170 - 180 models. The reason they were so good was notably the price.

If the new version has adjustable carb screws and maintains the screw down caps, I welcome the change. Though it will be more expensive, more restrictive and probably built to lower standards.

Edit: filtration looks better and has spring AV. I wonder how much more they will be compared to the current 170 - 180 models. The reason they were so good was notably the price.
The new MS 162 cost about $200. I'm definitely going to pick one of them up from the new series when they come to my area.

Latest posts

Back