STIHL IS REDESIGNING ALL OF THEIR BARS! NEVER SEEN NEW SAWS!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you’re considering the tune of the carb when you say that. It’s better to tune a saw a bit rich at, say 13,500 than having it screaming high with no 4 stroking, say 14,700. Easy way to toast the saw is to run it lean thinking rpm is the way to go
yeah you tune to the "correct" tune, obviously not just turning screws till it wont 4 stroke
get it to 4 stroke out of the cut and the second the chain touches the wood it should clear up, how I tune all mine and they all run great, only ever blown one up with bad mix

Meh. The electric stuff is okay...
Some of it’s ok, at current production levels. When almost everything has been converted to electric it’s going to be the oil/gas crisis of the 1970’s all over again. It’s going to be relatively few controlling the raw minerals required to build these systems, instead of crude it’ll be lithium and other minerals. Not to mention the problems with supplying enough energy to run everything and pollution associated with mining the raw materials. It’s only mostly “green” for the end user, not the folks at the supply level of energy and raw materials.

The changes for the bars have been in the product catalog for last couple of years. I noticed one regular rollamtic bar that was rebadged as “light”.

They are going the battery route to be WOKE. If they are planting EV charging stations in their parking lot , that proves they are trying to please a certain crowd, especially if they talk about it. They can try to please the EV fans, but it is a very small percent of their loyal customers. It wont be long they will be trying to push the bigger saws into battery saws. It makes me so mad that they can sell a battery for hundreds of dollars and call it green.. They are making a mistake. It is fien to have a few models , maybe up to 2 horsepower , but that is it. My mom wanted a chainsaw . i told her , NO WAY . We agreed on a Dewalt 20 v. mini sawzall . She is 85 though..

Graphics should be easy to fix with heavy use or a sander.

Had a Husqvarna marked bar I was running on a Dolmar some years ago. Didn’t like the visible branding. Less than five minutes with the random orbit sander and it was shiny steel. Problem solved.

And they are expensive . A friend bought a Milwaukee 6amp? It was $150 . If a guy cant figure out how to take care of a small Stihl 180, then get a battery saw. However, they will find out in 10 yrs. that the new battery is more than the Stihl 180 they could have bought 10 yrs. ago for half what the battery saw was. They are expensive saws. I am not insulting anyone or acting Pompus for those that like battery saws. Just saying a simple gas saw is cheap.

Stihl will be redesigning ALL of their bars to give them the new "graphic design".

View attachment 1142125
View attachment 1142126
  • The Rollomatic ES will be the Strong X
  • The Rollomatic ES Light will be the Light X
  • The Duromatic will be the Strong X
  • The Rollomatic G will be the Strong G

• Stihl will be making 80% of their product line battery electric by 2026 ( Likely for their 100th anniversary )
  • Stihl has made the AK series saws into the MSA 60 C and MSA 70 C to accommodate more battery saws
  • Stihl will be experimenting with alternative fuels
  • Stihl is now installing EV chargers all over their campus to encourage employees to drive EVs

• Stihl will be coming out with the TS 910i and TS 710i cut-off machines
View attachment 1142132View attachment 1142133
  • Stihl will be coming out with some new GAS and battery walk-behind mowers ( This was seen at Equip Expo but nothing else in the video or this post were )
View attachment 1142131

The video has much more Stihl news including some insider stuff I heard from my man at Stihl the last time I talked to him.

You heard it here first boys.

I won't be buying any new Stihls.

You either like change or you don't. I try to embrace it as somebody is going to make money off repairing it. Might as well get my share.
Guy buys a 170. Cuts two limbs off and puts in on the shelf for a year (or more). Brings it in to the shop, won't start. Pull on it many times, no fuel. Check fuel system, carburetor all corroded, water in fuel. Tell him what it needs, he gets angry at price. Tell him Motomix would better in his situation. Says TOO expensive. Will see him in a couple more years with the same issue.
Yes, this is the customer for a battery saw. Cities with noise ordinances will require them.
Shun it or understand it your choice.
Course, I was the guy that went to GM school it the 80s for auto electronics. Yeah, I'm that guy.

Latest posts

Back