STIHL IS REDESIGNING ALL OF THEIR BARS! NEVER SEEN NEW SAWS!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 188535

Chainsaw-wielding middle-schooler
AS Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stihl will be redesigning ALL of their bars to give them the new "graphic design".

20240106_182859.jpg
Screenshot_20240106_182408_YouTube.jpg
  • The Rollomatic ES will be the Strong X
  • The Rollomatic ES Light will be the Light X
  • The Duromatic will be the Strong X
  • The Rollomatic G will be the Strong G

• Stihl will be making 80% of their product line battery electric by 2026 ( Likely for their 100th anniversary )
  • Stihl has made the AK series saws into the MSA 60 C and MSA 70 C to accommodate more battery saws
  • Stihl will be experimenting with alternative fuels
  • Stihl is now installing EV chargers all over their campus to encourage employees to drive EVs

• Stihl will be coming out with the TS 910i and TS 710i cut-off machines
STIHLTS910i_593x351.pngSTIHLTS710i_568x334.png
  • Stihl will be coming out with some new GAS and battery walk-behind mowers ( This was seen at Equip Expo but nothing else in the video or this post were )
20240106_183051.jpg

The video has much more Stihl news including some insider stuff I heard from my man at Stihl the last time I talked to him.

You heard it here first boys.

The design looks good on SOME new saws IMO, but I am pretty pissed when I couldn't get a regular Rollomatic E for my 015 and had to settle on a Light 04.

This is really gonna piss off the saw restoration boys...
Not the bars…going all electric. Stupid.

Electric (battery) is picking up more every year. Does a logger or pro want it? Probably not.
Is it great for homeowner that runs a tank a year? Absolutely!
For the firewood person doing 20 cord a year, not quite yet.
For the arborist in the area with noise laws, it is here.
Just depends on what you need. Some embrace change, some hate it.
Nothing wrong with a little freshening to catch the eye of the consumer. It WILL increase sales.
If they can't see it, they won't buy it.

It is dead obvious that stylists have taken control of everything, pretty much.

Styling before function. Ridiculous

The nooks and crannies on most current model powersaws are dirt traps and a pita to clean.

Who needs a fancy paintjob on a bar? Someone who doesn't use their saw I guess. Dead giveaway...

Latest posts

Back