• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Sold 72cc stihl for breaker/spinner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big_Wood

westcoast dweller
Reaction score
k guys, here's the deal. i bought one of those cheap combo breaker/spinners harbour freight sells and while it is a good unit for chains i am anal and like my breaker to be capable of pressing out bar tip rivets. i have been doing alot of bush work but not making a real good wage until certification and plan to buy a new house in the new year so trying to keep my gear to a minimum. thought i would offer up a trade deal for the top of the line oregon breaker spinner bailey's sells. i want that breaker/spinner set in the worst way and use a breaker/spinner alot but just can't justify it with the wife til i'm making better money. problem is i want it now LOL. i'll trade anyone the bailey's kit for a stihl 038 magnum. 038 needs a new fuel tank but i got one coming from a buddy which i will swap before it ships. will get good pics of the saw tomorrow. it also has a full wrap. i know for a fact the woodland pro setup can press out bar tip rivets BUT it struggles on some and i know the saw is worth the oregon kit so that's what i'm hunting for. even a used one would do but i want all pieces to come with it. including manual preferably. if not, give me $400 for the saw so i can buy the kit without the wife noticing LOL :D

http://www.baileysonline.com/Chains...Kits/Oregon-DuraMax-Breaker-Spinner-Combo.axd

i've been spending a little time cleaning up that 038mag today. things are look'n good. will get some pics up tomorrow morning without the rear handle and get some more up with the rear handle. i'm expecting it anyday. all OEM and i verified it has the 52mm magnum cylinder. i don't expect anyone to jump on this deal without pics but hopefully one of you will be willing to buy that breaker/spinner set for this saw. not a penny more. just buy that kit, get bailey's to ship it to me so shipping is only paid for once and i'll send you an 038 magnum work horse. if you can find the kit somewhere else cheaper i don't care. still straight trade is good enough for me.

My 038 mag was stolen last night so interested

I liked your post but that doesn't mean I like it was stolen. That sucks man. I got some pics I'm gonna post. Here is the saw completely gone through. Passed pres/vac test, cleaned chunky's out of exhaust port. Impulse line is standard hose and will be replaced, Intake boot good, fresh painted factory dual port muffler with fresh gasket. I'm gonna replace 2 lower mounts and the upper mount with good used ones I got. Originals were intact but a little soft. Upper mount already replaced in pics. Somebody painted to recoil while it was on the saw and did a ****** job of it so I scrubbed all the over spray off best I could. They also painted the brake flag red. Thankfully they painted over oil so it was easy to scrub off LOL. Saw has the bing carb, stainless steel mesh air filter, fully functional chain brake, and a full wrap handle bar. Tank handle should be here this coming week. I will install and do a compression test once it has handles. I've actually had this saw for a long time and have cut with it quite a bit. Wife and I were going through our storage unit and I found it in there. Totally forgot I had it LOL busted rear handle is how it ended up in storage and didn't have AS to find parts back then. There will be absolutely nothing wrong with this saw once ready to go. First 2 pics is before I went through it.

c352b3db04f64755af042d377d7a2a46.jpg

80543dc3537930f037b7bdc149ffb93d.jpg

234104082b56263da231ee5a0793f30e.jpg

c5d6a601736e4265e28f5f86b7a77652.jpg

5119ba00a87ed5a845173f1bd7a40576.jpg

6c1e406a17210167970d22a10e4a2250.jpg

5ab6ab53072ec3873c8691df971c691b.jpg

is it the duramax kit? there is no other kit as capable. my grandpa has an oregon kit similar to woodland pro and it presses out bar tip rivets but struggles on some. my buddy byron has the woodlandproi setup and wishes he had bought the duramax kit. i'm on the hunt for the best :)

I hear you there I bought the set that's a step down from what your looking for. Find a dealer that will order you one.

LOL, i already did. their name is bailey's :laugh: i order from bailey's all the time so it isn't an issue. just trying to weezle my way around the account. i got the money but would rather trade a saw to someone for it. i figure an 038 mag for $330+shipping is a good deal. somebody buy the breaker/spinner and have it shipped to me and i ship them the 038. i just got word the tank is delayed though but should still be here middle of next week. i've gotten a few PM's so far but seems everyone is waiting for pics and final running condition status which is understandable. it will run good, no doubt about that. it ran fine as it was, you just couldn't cut with it. :)

I hear ya. I find that baileys is a little high on there prices. ive found some shops back east that will sell chain A LOT! cheaper then them. Have you checked at Madsens? theyre prices aren't too bad on the majority of theyre stuff. personally I think its a good trade for someone. oh and when I said dealer I ment an small time Oregon dealer that would get you one for list right from supplier.

I hear ya. I find that baileys is a little high on there prices. ive found some shops back east that will sell chain A LOT! cheaper then them. Have you checked at Madsens? theyre prices aren't too bad on the majority of theyre stuff. personally I think its a good trade for someone. oh and when I said dealer I ment an small time Oregon dealer that would get you one for list right from supplier.

not a bad idea man. i'll have to ask thechainsawguy.

k guys, good'ol huskyslingers advice was the way to go. i no longer want to trade this as i have another way of purchasing. will make a for sale ad in the classifieds once i get the tank installed. anybody interested in this saw can feel free to send me a PM. gonna be asking $375 shipped PHO for a good running 038 magnum.

Back