75cc Shindiawa Vs. 75cc Husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The best performing saw, probably, but the best built saw, I doubt it. You will be hard pressed to find a better built saw than a Shindaiwa.

I'm sure the Shinnys are well built saws, I've ever seen one in person so I have to say the Stihl is at top.

Didn't bother asking, my regular dealer gives me the "buddy" price on Husky- So low I might get in trouble if I typed it here.

OH, I see. One of those wink, wink, nudge, nudge, ya know what I mean, ya know what I mean kinda deals!:dizzy:

I have an old Shindaiwa 695 in the garage...over 15 years old and still running strong. It's not as much saw as my Husqvarna 365 but its just one of those solid old saws that won't die. So as far as reliability..if that old 695 is any indication, they last forever.

I have an old Shindaiwa 695 in the garage...over 15 years old and still running strong. It's not as much saw as my Husqvarna 365 but its just one of those solid old saws that won't die. So as far as reliability..if that old 695 is any indication, they last forever.

Sounds like it is time for a tune up on your 695. I would almost put money on it that my old 695 would beat my much newer 757 if I were a "saw racer"!!

Sounds like it is time for a tune up on your 695. I would almost put money on it that my old 695 would beat my much newer 757 if I were a "saw racer"!!
Not meaning to stir the ####, but it almost sounds like the shinny guy wont race.

Have never run a 372, would like to some day, have run our 757 right beside a well tuned but bone stock 460 and the results that day were too close to call, not stop watched, just standing back watching both saws blocking up some firewood. For those in C Ohio my dealer has a 20" 757 in stock for a buck less than 6 hun. not a bad saw for that kind of money. PM me iffen ya want his info.

It is just a tool, but if there is no point in racing, then why are people even interested in which one performs best?

There are better ways to judge a saw than with a stop watch. My father just laughs at all the stuff that goes on on this fourm. He's from the old school, he just wants a saw that is reliable and doesn't have to mess with. Me, well I do get into it a little more, I like to maintain my saws a little better than he does and look for that extra little bit of an edge. I guess I just have never had anybody to race with, cause dad could careless. Just my thoughts....
:cheers:

there are better ways to judge a saw than with a stop watch. My father just laughs at all the stuff that goes on on this fourm. He's from the old school, he just wants a saw that is reliable and doesn't have to mess with. Me, well i do get into it a little more, i like to maintain my saws a little better than he does and look for that extra little bit of an edge. I guess i just have never had anybody to race with, cause dad could careless. Just my thoughts....

+1

There are better ways to judge a saw than with a stop watch.

:agree2:

When I bought my 757, just as when I bought my 488, I didn't really care about power-to-weight ratios or fractions of a second difference in cut time. My primary criteria was reliability. Having owned Husky and Stihl in addition to Shindaiwa (how many owners of those saws can say they've owned a Shinny?), I knew that the 757 was going to be the most reliable. It has not disappointed.

Starting is boringly predictable, warm or cold, and it just runs without fanfare or theatrics. I've cut side-by-side with a devoted Creamsicle owner who has his saws maintained meticulously at the dealer. His are far harder to start, and while he's trying to keep his saw from flooding I'm already cutting.

"First to start, last to quit" isn't just an ad slogan - it's a statement of fact.

-=[ Grant ]=-

There are better ways to judge a saw than with a stop watch. My father just laughs at all the stuff that goes on on this fourm. He's from the old school, he just wants a saw that is reliable and doesn't have to mess with. Me, well I do get into it a little more, I like to maintain my saws a little better than he does and look for that extra little bit of an edge. I guess I just have never had anybody to race with, cause dad could careless. Just my thoughts....

Well if its heavy, less power for its size, and is costly, then all you got is reliability. All im sayin is, you can't argue much for a brand that is hardly known against stihl and husky guys. No way to win.

Just weighed my 757....
attachment.php

24" bar and hat= 19lbs

Ok guys how about your 372's and 460's.....

Back