75cc Shindiawa Vs. 75cc Husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If that's full of fuel and oil it's no heavy wieght, my 044 full with a 22" bar and chain wieghts 19.5# on a good balance scale. Real world here, no published numbers or hype. Steve

Not full, a little more than a half tank though. If you want I could top it off and reweigh it. I don't think 1/2 tank will make too much difference....

Well if its heavy, less power for its size, and is costly, then all you got is reliability. All im sayin is, you can't argue much for a brand that is hardly known against stihl and husky guys. No way to win.

Just read the post from the guy running Dolmar's. He went to cut wood and two out of three saws crapped out on him. I've had good luck with my Shindaiwa's. For a non-mechanic who enjoys a good running saw these things have done well by me. Fastest?--Probably not. Lightest?--Probably not. Reliable?--Definately. It's gotta count for something.

Stock to stock the saws are almost equal.The shinny is simply reliable.Replacement parts will become hard to impossible to find as 695 owners in this area are coming to know.The place where Husky and Stihl pull ahead is parts availability and dealer support.That said, FourPaws is working on a port job on a 757 right now.In my experience the Shindaiwa will not hold up when hot-rodded if you can get around the electronic rev limiters.The saws are built "loose",no special tools required to take them apart,get the flywheel off and unbolt the crankcase screws and they fall apart, no heat, no crankcase separating tool,nothing.Turn up the rpms' on one and it will come apart in short order.

Noble Mike, I like the way your 757 looks with the fezz on it! As you can see from my signature I have lots of creamsickle products and I like them. I have had Shindiawa saws in the past, a 575, (2) 350's and my brother has a 757. I have always liked them and have found they are as dependable as gravity. In my area of the country if you wanted to buy a new saw I would be hard pressed to tell you where you could, that is their main problem, dealer network and support. I hope that their recent merger or marketing agreement helps, but I have my doubts.

Steve

In my experience the Shindaiwa will not hold up when hot-rodded if you can get around the electronic rev limiters.The saws are built "loose",no special tools required to take them apart,get the flywheel off and unbolt the crankcase screws and they fall apart, no heat, no crankcase separating tool,nothing.Turn up the rpms' on one and it will come apart in short order.

The more I think about what you said, the more I have to disagree. My 488 took a long time to break in which is indicative a tightly built engine not one that is built "loose" as you say. If Shindaiwa is known for nothing else, they are known for bullet-proof reliability which again couldn't be true if they were put together with loose tolerances. If the internals won't stand up to hot rodding due to parts not being engineered strong enough to withstand the added stress, then that is a different story all together and one that I would bet that Four Paws could answer.

clarification for Poley4

The tolerances on Shindaiwa are wonderful.How many have you torn-apart?Those who have won't even bat an eye at what I "said", no Husqvarna 372 or Stihl ms440 I've ever tore down came apart just by "unbolting".Crankcase separating tools, heat and ice, are usually required.Read my keys, Shindaiwa's are durable if left stock.A word about FourPaws, I respect his wrenching ability, but his opinion and facts don't always line up, we once had a discussion about whether or not the 695 was rev-limited, I said yes, he said no, I say read the yellow sticker next to the carb adjusting screws, the dealer website, Acre's website or ask anyone who owns one that isn't to pridefull to answer truthfully.Do a search on the Shindaiwa 695 or look for post by Junkwrencher.I'm no expert, just someone who literally had in excess of 30 695's at one time in my possession.

Last edited:
I "said", no Husqvarna 372 or Stihl ms440 I've ever tore down came apart just by "unbolting".Crankcase separating tools, heat and ice, are usually required.

I'd like to see these 440s and 372s you have "taken" apart. Did they come off the bottom of the ocean? You won't find a better built saw than a 440, and I would even take a 372 over a shinnydaewoo. There is a reason Stihl and husky rule the market....

Hehehehe, I like it:D

Ford's F-Series Reigns as America's Best-Selling Truck and Best-Selling
Vehicle in 2008

DEARBORN, Mich., Jan. 5 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- The beat goes on. For
the 32nd year in a row, Ford's award-winning F-Series is America's
best-selling truck with 2008 sales of 515,513. F-series outsold its nearest
truck rival by more than 50,000 units.
In addition, for the 27th year in a row, F-Series is once again America's
best-selling vehicle of any type -- car, crossover, SUV, truck or van.

I doubt the pinto was the best seller at any time, much less any ford at that.

You'd think those Stihlheads would be tired of being wrong so often, but NOOOOOOOO......:laugh::D

The Pinto was the best selling subcompact in the U.S. in 1972/3, if memory serves.

(Oh, BTW, I've never owned a Pinto.)

-=[ Grant ]=-

You'd think those Stihlheads would be tired of being wrong so often, but NOOOOOOOO......:laugh::D

The Pinto was the best selling subcompact in the U.S. in 1972/3, if memory serves.

-=[ Grant ]=-

I remeber as a kid my uncle that lived in northern Michigan had a 460 in a Pinto that he would drag race. It was actually pretty cool.

-=[ Grant ]=-

Well that one anyway...

Back on track, I would like to try one of those Shindiawa's sometime. I like some of the features of some of the other Japanese saws so you all may have something about them.

Last edited:
Since when have Husky's and Stihls had questionable reliability? I would buy a Shindaiwa if it was used and really cheap, just like every other saw I own. It sounds to me like the people sticking up for the Shinny's know they own second tier saws and have to make up bogus claims of reliability issues against the real saws...

:buttkick:

It sounds to me like the people sticking up for the Shinny's know they own second tier saws and have to make up bogus claims of reliability issues against the real saws...

See that the same claims that are made when a 460 owner is trying to convince someone that a 460 is better saw than the 7900...:hmm3grin2orange:

-=[ Grant ]=-

Hard to go wrong with Stihl, sorry, we are #1. Thank ya, thank ya very much.

Latest posts

Back