75cc Shindiawa Vs. 75cc Husky

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's another joke, we all know Chevy has/is the top selling truck. That link was harldy facts, try again....

You just keep comin' back for more, don't ya?

Now, understand that I come from a Ford-hatin', Chevy-ownin' family, but this just isn't so. The Ford F-150 is in fact the best selling pickup model, and best selling vehicle model, in the U.S. -- and has been for a while. They generally beat out Chevrolet by about 50k units every year (give or take 10k or so.)

However, that's not the whole story. Chevy trucks are exactly the same as GMC trucks, except for the nameplate; if you combine the sales of those identical units, then Ford definitely comes out second best, and (again) has for quite a while.

So, Chevy DOES NOT outsell Ford in the pickup business. GM DOES, but that's not what you said. Then again, owners of Creamsicle saws never seem to be too concerned with facts! :buttkick:

-=[ Grant ]=-

You just keep comin' back for more, don't ya?

Now, understand that I come from a Ford-hatin', Chevy-ownin' family, but this just isn't so. The Ford F-150 is in fact the best selling pickup model, and best selling vehicle model, in the U.S. -- and has been for a while. They generally beat out Chevrolet by about 50k units every year (give or take 10k or so.)

However, that's not the whole story. Chevy trucks are exactly the same as GMC trucks, except for the nameplate; if you combine the sales of those identical units, then Ford definitely comes out second best, and (again) has for quite a while.

So, Chevy DOES NOT outsell Ford in the pickup business. GM DOES, but that's not what you said. Then again, owners of Creamsicle saws never seem to be too concerned with facts! :buttkick:

-=[ Grant ]=-

Chevy/GM, same thing, so just as Stihl, they are at the top.:hmm3grin2orange: Ya'll are just too easy to stomp.:biggrinbounce2:

Since when have Husky's and Stihls had questionable reliability? I would buy a Shindaiwa if it was used and really cheap, just like every other saw I own. It sounds to me like the people sticking up for the Shinny's know they own second tier saws and have to make up bogus claims of reliability issues against the real saws...

:buttkick:

I've never run the other saws, but with their rep and backing they've been proven to be good. Having run Shindaiwa stuff for years all I can say is they've got great weedeaters and the saws have been very good in my situation, which is just cutting firewood for fun and exercise. I've done pretty much what you say which is picked up used saws cheap, often for a small portion of what the others go for used. Can't knock other saws but can't really see these as second tier saws except for the price of a used one.
At this point I'm probably :deadhorse: as all I can say is what my experience has been.

2000ssm6, Are you requesting photos, or can you dissassemble a 372 or 440 without a case splitter?I can't split a 262 or a 394 without a case splitter.My point was that the Stihl and Husqvarna's durability was attributed to having a tight crankcase and bearings, the Shindaiwa does not.I don't want an argument nor do I disagree that there is a reason for Stihl being no. 1 worldwide.

2000ssm6, Are you requesting photos, or can you dissassemble a 372 or 440 without a case splitter?I can't split a 262 or a 394 without a case splitter.My point was that the Stihl and Husqvarna's durability was attributed to having a tight crankcase and bearings, the Shindaiwa does not.I don't want an argument nor do I disagree that there is a reason for Stihl being no. 1 worldwide.

I thought you were saying that the p&c needed a "key to the city" type of deal to get off. I took it the wrong way I guess, sorry. So yes, to do a complete tear down, the cases will need to be split and they do require force. Using factory jigs/tools makes this much easier though.:D

I don't want to argue either, but being a machinist by trade, I know a little about bearing fits, and I just can't see how a saw that is modified or not could last very long if the bearings were loose in the crankcase without beating out the case. I would think the bearings would become loose in the case in short order. Is there a steel insert cast into the crankcase where the bearing is pressed in or are the bearings pressed into the magnesium case?

Some more useless info. from me.When the 680/685 was the big saw in Shindiawa's line many were "turned up" beyond 13,000rpm and yes the result was spun bearings and also cranks began to "unpress" and came unbalanced which causes spun bearings and cocked pistons etc.Shindaiwa had a lot of warranty issues with this series and thus the 695 series with electronic rev. limiting ignition, also no thrust washers on the piston pin,it had a larger connecting rod as does the 757.Many of these saws went through a series of rebuilds which didn't last because the cases were ruined.Yes spun bearings in cases can happen and do, even on Stihl's but I've seen a shop floor full of Shinnys with this symptom.After one rebuild with suspect cases they were replaced then the cranks.Shindiawa stood behind their products and still do.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back