7900 and 7910

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tallguys

tallguys

Addicted to ArboristSite
It looks like this, I pulled mine for fun because I have issues with stock equipment. I don't know about decreased economy but I'll tell you that power gain is really noticible and the saw is quieter.View attachment 343484

So after 1 1/2 years, are you still happy with the muffler mod results? Any issues come up with ripping out the SLR contraption or is it all good?

DanTheCanadian

DanTheCanadian

Weekend Warrior
So after 1 1/2 years, are you still happy with the muffler mod results? Any issues come up with ripping out the SLR contraption or is it all good?

Its all good! Im very happy I decided to do it and I would still recommend it. I was talking with a Dolmar sales rep about it a little while ago and at first he was a little pissed. Naturally, I told him to blow it out his a**.

After a while though of explaining exactly my thought process and the gains that I received, we both decided that maybe the SLR idea could be a good one, it was just poorly executed on this saw.

Time will tell if doing this will effect the life of my saw or not. All I know is this saw went from a real turd and I was I was gonna trade to my favorite saw.

7sleeper

7sleeper

Addicted to ArboristSite
...we both decided that maybe the SLR idea could be a good one, it was just poorly executed on this saw...
Exactly in this point I disagree! Actually, the way I see it, it was excelently executed! With absolute minor changes to a existing design, a much more environment friendly version was released. And this is, at least for me, technically impressive if you think about that the top two players(Stihl & Husqvarna) have exclusive access to patents rights of the strato design! And they are definately NOT going to share this access...

MillerModSaws

MillerModSaws

USE2COULDBESPONSER!
Exactly in this point I disagree! Actually, the way I see it, it was excelently executed! With absolute minor changes to a existing design, a much more environment friendly version was released. And this is, at least for me, technically impressive if you think about that the top two players(Stihl & Husqvarna) have exclusive access to patents rights of the strato design! And they are definately NOT going to share this access...

I agree with this as a torch,a screwdriver,a pair of pliers, and an hour and you have a normal non epa saw back. And it looses .8 lbs by just taking that out.