7900 or 385xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After running both saws I am more impressed with the Dolmar 7900. I run a 32" bar and it is kinda weak with the oil when cutting on the big wood. I would like to get the 385 ported though since I am using this saw for running a 36" bar. I have dual ported the muffler and opened up the exhaust port on the cylinder but need to find out what else I can do the get some more power out of it.

Pull the base gasket and open the intake a little... But you may be asking a bit much of the thing... 36" is 90+ cc territory...

After running both saws I am more impressed with the Dolmar 7900. I run a 32" bar and it is kinda weak with the oil when cutting on the big wood. I would like to get the 385 ported though since I am using this saw for running a 36" bar. I have dual ported the muffler and opened up the exhaust port on the cylinder but need to find out what else I can do the get some more power out of it.

A ported 385/390 will impress you!

i have a 390 that brad ported about a year ago an at times sees a 32 inch bar the saw pulls it great. On a funny side note anytime we work at a customers house that they are into cars or motorcycles they all ask wth is done to that saw as it sounds like a dirt bike on steroids lol:rock: you can not go wrong with a 390xp:msp_thumbup:

Sometimes it's kinda fun when someone digs up an old thread and see all of those who have drifted away, not to mention to see a whole group of people with only a few novas and chiclets. :hmm3grin2orange:

Who are you again? lol

alot of us are still around but we dont post like we used to.... maybe some of use learned a few more things over the years.... some of us have better things to do than live on a chainsaw site....

Don't let him fool you guys. He doesn't have a life:msp_scared: How in the world have you been? Or should that be, where in the world have you been?

Hey Bradley! :laugh: I've been just about everywhere in the US the last couple years. Bought my first garage and got a sweet house with it last fall. Ready to liquidate my unused CAD stash...

here was my latest creation

http://www.arboristsite.com/off-topic-forum/206944.htm

He's also quite the artist:msp_w00t:I know from experience

This is the only sticker you're missing...

attachment.php

Back