$8.45 eBay carb saves the day!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

max2cam

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
My old Stihl 026 wouldn't idle or run right even after a good carb soaking and rebuild kit. So I ordered a knockoff WT-194 carb off eBay for $8.45 delivered. Looked good although some guys say they're junk. I put it on and lo and behold the 026 is running like new again. I guess sometimes carbs go bad in subtle ways that can't be fixed. Nothing wrong with cheap knockoff carbs either. At least not this one.

Generally it's the check valve wearing out or being melted by oxygenated unleaded over time. No amount of cleaning and fine-tuning will solve that and I am yet to find a spare one for sale... provided you have the eyesight, tools and patience to replace it. ;)

Generally speaking aftermarket carburetors are so much cheaper they are worth the risk: $90 for a Walbro WYK? Is it gold plated or something? I'll take my chances with a Chinese clone, thank you very much.

I have a 200t. Do I need to say more.
Chinese carbs are cheaper than the rebuidkit.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G955F met Tapatalk

Yes, first I got a gen-u-whine Walbro rebuild kit for $5.99 thinking that was better/smarter than getting an $8.45 carburetor. Fooled me that time!

I have used two cheap AM carbs on saws which I just could not get the OEM carb to work. On a 026 and a 024. Both Ebay carbs, right out of the box, ran great.

No long-term results on my saws, however.

Latest posts

Back