911 or Ladder ? (strong language before bad usage)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not much info on what happened to him, other than he was "OK". Yeah, right, maybe after a good long while.

How many things can you do wrong? That branch pushed the saw back at him too, hopefully the chain wasn't spinning.

It doesn't look like he was using a Stihl, so at least he got something right. (just kidding)

I use ladders to get up into trees from time to time but make it a practice to never cut from one. ie, I go up and tie into the tree. I learned that the hard way back in 1991 up in Skagway, Alaska.

Ladders & chainsaws do not mix. Potential short-cut to the cosmic. DAMHIKT

It is bad enough to try something like that, but why would you ever post it to a website where the entire world could ridicule you? I guess if you died in the process it really wouldn't matter.

That, my friend, is why you use safety chain!!! Man, if he didn't break a leg or arm ????

I hate it when the camera doesn't show the final result!!!!

...and yeah, why would you post that??? Dude might be looking for some insurance or a job with a tree company...

It is bad enough to try something like that, but why would you ever post something like that to a website where the entire world could ridicule you. I guess if you died in the process it really wouldn't matter.

Maybe they posted it because they don't really understand what went wrong or how incredibly stupid the guy on the ladder was. Maybe they figure he's just a victim of circumstance. Maybe it's another one of those "look at me cheating death, ain't I a manly man?" videos that we see too much of.

Look at his cutting technique...never mind the idiotic decision to use a ladder in the first place...and tell me that the guy knew anything about what he was doing. I couldn't tell from the video if he put an undercut in that limb but from the way it slabbed, swung, and dropped it didn't look like it.
Check out the stump from the other tree they fell. The cuts on that stump tell you what the skill level was.

The video ought to be required watching for everybody that thinks ladders, saws, ignorance, and poor technique can be overcome by enthusiasm and good luck.

In my union, it is against the rules to work off a ladder, no escape routes. Not that it matters , those guy were obviously amatures

First video no under cut.still would have probably got hurt.
Agree - if it had peeled and stayed attached he would not have gotten hurt.

I thought at first it was gonna swing down and take his ladder out, but it was the end he cut that hit him.

That wouldn't have happened if it was tied off higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree - if it had peeled and stayed attached he would not have gotten hurt.

I thought at first it was gonna swing down and take his ladder out, but it was the end he cut that hit him.

I though the same thing...must have scared the crap out of that guy...seeing that end head back towards him....the guy at the bottom of the ladder started high tailin it:)

I though the same thing...must have scared the crap out of that guy...seeing that end head back towards him....the guy at the bottom of the ladder started high tailin it:)

I was talking about the guy that got his leg smashed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back