A couple of cool British Columbia falling videos.....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jockeydeuce

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Just tripped across these on Youtube.......Pretty amazing falling!!......Nice quality vids too!

[video=youtube_share;ZngyGHHeS1g]http://youtu.be/ZngyGHHeS1g[/video]

[video=youtube_share;V-SwpDKkHko]http://youtu.be/V-SwpDKkHko[/video]

Great videos for sure. CanadianCarGuy (Daniel) has some cool videos as well and he's a member here.

One of my favorites is Grufrock, a good guy with some great videos. I've chatted him up a bit.

I had asked him about the saw he was using on the springboard vid as it sounded like a Simonized saw and he was saying how he had used Dolmar but due to problems had gone back to Husky. A real gent with a nice way about him.

The sound from the first tree giving way almost does not sound like it is in time. Theres a lot of cracking and top noise before it ever moves. And in the second vid at 3:25, what is holding the saw to the side of the tree. It doesn't look like its resting on the tip of the bar, but more like he jams it into the tree with a spike of some kind that hangs the saw from a tree in the vertical position? Does anyone make such a device?

The sound from the first tree giving way almost does not sound like it is in time. Theres a lot of cracking and top noise before it ever moves. And in the second vid at 3:25, what is holding the saw to the side of the tree. It doesn't look like its resting on the tip of the bar, but more like he jams it into the tree with a spike of some kind that hangs the saw from a tree in the vertical position? Does anyone make such a device?

That sound you hear is the second tree giving way that he's falling into the big cedar to bring it down....Watch it again. :)

That sound you hear is the second tree giving way that he's falling into the big cedar to bring it down....Watch it again. :)

That makes sense. I watched it again and you cant see the second tree, or even a shadow of it. I hate those phantom trees.

ETA: I see it now.

Last edited:
Great videos!!! how about that view in the second vid!

If you look at the second video when he's making the back cut, look all the way to the right, that tree is huge!

Didn't know they had cypress in that type of country, I always thought they were a southern tree that grew in the swamps.... it is cedar for sure.

That is very impressive. Looks kind of fun, I would like to be there in person watching. Always like to see/hear big ones fall. Thanks for the videos and feel free to post more anytime.

Anybody ever see Heli-loggers, I think the series was made in 09 or 2010,reruns on the Green Channel of all places. Canadian climbers harvesting monster trees!!, wish they would renew that series, much better than Ax Men and no scripted crap!

Damn those are some big ass trees. I've seen trunks like that but they are always attached to a 5 or 6 leader white pine or swamp maple, and there only 80 or 90 feet tall. That top of the cedar in the first video probably landed in the next zip code. Its cool to see those left coasters utilizing there handles to the fullest.

The first video, I didn't see him bore through the under cut to get all his center wood. If he did that, the tree might have gone over. Then he did what you call a Russian drive. Sometimes it's done out being lazy an not wanting to pound a wedge, but I think in this case, he had to much holding wood, and couldn't reach it, so he Russian drove the big tree with a smaller one to get the big one down.

Latest posts

Back