A Few Good Words

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just realized I've been visiting this site for about a year now and wanted to thank everyone involved for all the work involved in maintaining it as well as all the input from the members. My knowledge of saws (and more important, safety practices) has increased dramatically. I've found there is much more to a tree than leaves, bark, and firewood. I've had some great laughs and some great revelations. The site has given me an escape from the daily toils of work and greatly increased my respect for people in the tree care and logging business.

Again, thanks to all!

I just realized I've been visiting this site for about a year now and wanted to thank everyone involved for all the work involved in maintaining it as well as all the input from the members. My knowledge of saws (and more important, safety practices) has increased dramatically. I've found there is much more to a tree than leaves, bark, and firewood. I've had some great laughs and some great revelations. The site has given me an escape from the daily toils of work and greatly increased my respect for people in the tree care and logging business.

Again, thanks to all!

Short, to the point, and well put. I concur.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Not only do I agree, but I think the site has improved considerably.

Reining in some of the malcontents has made this site much more enjoyable.

Thanks Darin

Again, thanks to all!

+1:clap: :clap: :clap: :bowdown:

I coulden't agree more. WELL SAID!

Albut geared for l that is very true,what has been said.However,Before I found this site,One chainsaw would have been enough.Now I have to have saws in all power ranges and bar sizes,Look for excuses to buy more stuff,and constantly have almost uncontrollable want to cut wood,it is like a warped adolesant sex drive,but geared for saws:cry: :greenchainsaw:

Royalties

I'm wondering if Arboristsite should get Royalties from all of the Chain Saw manufacturing companies. I know that my addiction started once I joined here, and now I have a room full of chainsaws!

Right on man! When I found this site, I have to be honest, I thought I new everything I needed to about saws. I grew up in logging/ log home building family, (Boy , better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt!):hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:
My thanks to the guys who will share their experience with the rest of us. It turns out I did know some things, but I sure have learned a ton by searching the threads.
I agree, thanks to the Mods for cleaning up the place, lot more pleasant without as much fighting!
Thanks guys, Jon:greenchainsaw:

Again, thanks to all!

I love that you wrote, I feel the same. I'm a girl, and I love this site, learning a lot even though I have been into saws for many years.
I often went with my father in the woods, the first saws was a Jred. Oh, how I liked it!
Now I work in the woods with my husband. We still have my fathers Jred (he died at 89 in spring -05). He was active in the woods until he was about

I am so amazed and thankful for how helpful the people on this site are to us that dont have a complete knowledge of saws, and all the little tricks and trades that comes with working and modifying them. not to mention the humor and sarcasm that I believe is a staple for good mental health.

Agreed, it's time these guys got another pat on the back. I've come across some great people here, and the amount of knowledge on here over the course of a day is absolutely incredible. Knowledgeable guys who can answer your questions AND you want to "hang out" with.

Must not be too bad, I'm getting to 1500 posts and I'm still enjoying myself. I've even managed to stay out of trouble, although that never seems too hard on line for me...just wish it worked that way in real life.

Mark

Agreed, it's time these guys got another pat on the back. I've come across some great people here, and the amount of knowledge on here over the course of a day is absolutely incredible. Knowledgeable guys who can answer your questions AND you want to "hang out" with.

Must not be too bad, I'm getting to 1500 posts and I'm still enjoying myself. I've even managed to stay out of trouble, although that never seems too hard on line for me...just wish it worked that way in real life.

Mark

Oldsaw, I think that its safe to say that you are one of "these guys" that you make mention of.

Back