a few hours work

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt 440

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
might not be in the right section so sorry if its not :( . so got bored of studying today and decided to go do some firewood, not sure how much is there but its about 5 hours worth of cutting, first trouble of the day was when my starter handle decided to come of the saw lol. only stopping for fuel, oil a quick sharpen and a bite to eat. glad the rain held off.IMG_20140830_121832.jpg IMG_20140830_121855.jpg

might not be in the right section so sorry if its not :( . so got bored of studying today and decided to go do some firewood, not sure how much is there but its about 5 hours worth of cutting, first trouble of the day was when my starter handle decided to come of the saw lol. only stopping for fuel, oil a quick sharpen and a bite to eat. glad the rain held off.View attachment 365764 View attachment 365765
a good couple hours work. amazing how a little manual labor helps clear the cobwebs from the head. nice saws and welcome to the forum.

a good couple hours work. amazing how a little manual labor helps clear the cobwebs from the head. nice saws and welcome to the forum.

thanks for the kind welcome :) a yes it certainly helps getting outside and doing manual labor. same thing next weekend :)

thanks why not to many Shindaiwa guys out their its a shame how the words HARD WORK have left people try rebuilding a saw that parts are not savable and no longer made and when you say Shindaiwa people give you the funniest looks and blow you off so I got about 30 I have restored and now I will be bulding at least 3 of the rarest saws they made in the next week 3 in a week that's hard work but I think I have the jedi powers. these saws shall not be forgotten If I have may way shindys for life I will try to get some pics of all of them this is just a few

u have soooo lost me... but good on you for restoring the saws

here is a few I have done it takes about 6 hours from tear down to runner and I brining back the 49 mm Shindaiwa show you stihl and husky guy that these saw r far better then anything made today or ever no saw can even hold bar oil to these NOTHING.

Nothing like someone hyjacking a thread with rambling banter about their own project. :rolleyes: Have some manners, start your own thread. I fail to see how your post is related to the OPs discussion.

might not be in the right section so sorry if its not :( . so got bored of studying today and decided to go do some firewood, not sure how much is there but its about 5 hours worth of cutting, first trouble of the day was when my starter handle decided to come of the saw lol. only stopping for fuel, oil a quick sharpen and a bite to eat. glad the rain held off.View attachment 365764 View attachment 365765

Welcome to the site. Your firewood appears well seasoned. :D

wow didn't know u onwed this site you seem well seasoned

I dont own the site but am entitled to my opinion and have no problem making it know without making personal attacks. I probably wouldn't have said anything but your first and second comment seemed out in left field, even the OP didnt follow. The forum does have "etiquette rules" and they typicall resemble basic social etiquette. Typically people dont join a conversation with a random comment, its typically related to the conversation, I guess we failed to see how your comments were related...

Nice saws though, if you had your own thread it would probably gather a lot of interest...

Welcome to the site. Your firewood appears well seasoned. :D

thanks for the welcome and your other comment above regarding the content.. didn't know were the boundaries were so I left it. and yes ive been lazy lol the firewood has sat there for about 3 years lol :)

thanks for the welcome and your other comment above regarding the content.. didn't know were the boundaries were so I left it. and yes ive been lazy lol the firewood has sat there for about 3 years lol :)

If you can get it dried out I'm sure it will be worth something. I was supprised how much water wood can hold once it starts to get punky. I took some softwood that was starting to get punk and left it outside under a roof for a year and it turned into nice shoulder season wood. Because of that I will now consider keeping some dry soft wood around for starting fires and to strech the heating season where I would normally not bother lighting a fire.;)

And yes, some days I need time to go throw maul through some rounds too, sometimes a break from changing dirty diapers is just what the doc ordered...

If you can get it dried out I'm sure it will be worth something. I was surprised how much water wood can hold once it starts to get punky. I took some softwood that was starting to get punk and left it outside under a roof for a year and it turned into nice shoulder season wood. Because of that I will now consider keeping some dry soft wood around for starting fires and to stretch the heating season where I would normally not bother lighting a fire.;)

And yes, some days I need time to go throw maul through some rounds too, sometimes a break from changing dirty diapers is just what the doc ordered...

it will be sitting under the lean to for awhile so shoooould dry out I have enough for winter lol and no baby's yet maybe when my fiancée finally moves from Washington to new Zealand :)

Latest posts

Back