A few pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sILlogger

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
these are some pics of my neighbors sawmilling operation. ive been working with him for several years. the bigger circular mill we tore down, and moved 110 miles and are setting up in its current location. the engine is a 4-71 Detriot. 52"blade, edger, live deck, log turner, hydr. log dogs. saws up to 16' logs. then there is a Baker Model A bandsaw. it is used to cut boards and wedges.
IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

IMG_0360.jpg

IMG_0361.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

IMG_0364.jpg

Nice mill. I haven't seen many pics of circular saw mills, so I've got some questions for you; whats the conveyor for?? Sawdust removal??? Also, I've (again I've only seen a few circular mills) I've only seen big solid wide belts. I assume the multiple small ones keep the mill spinning if one breaks so you have some time to safely shut it down & not get the blade stuck in a log after the belt breaks?? Just tryin' to edumacate mysef. Thanks. Nice pics!!!!!

Nice pics very sweet mills. I would sent you some rep but all out for the day.:censored:

Very interesting pics... wow... that's one scary mean lookin' circular saw blade. Is that a huge planer in that pic, with the table and belts going up to what looks like maybe a set of very wide planer blades under that shrouding?

Nice pictures sILlogger! I would love to see one of those babies in action. Thanks for sharing.

Nice mill. I haven't seen many pics of circular saw mills, so I've got some questions for you; whats the conveyor for?? Sawdust removal??? Also, I've (again I've only seen a few circular mills) I've only seen big solid wide belts. I assume the multiple small ones keep the mill spinning if one breaks so you have some time to safely shut it down & not get the blade stuck in a log after the belt breaks?? Just tryin' to edumacate mysef. Thanks. Nice pics!!!!!

yea the conveyor is for sawdust removal. it is actually a balevator for lifting hay bales into a barn loft. but it works great for sawdust. as for the smaller belts vs. the large flats. the smaller ones stay on the pulley better and i have heard that they hook up better. they are also easier to get anymore, since there aren't that many things running on the flats these days. one good thing about the flat belts is that they have a seam and as they stretch you can cut them down and make them shorter. i hope this answers your ?'s

Cool!

Got a video camera? A vid of that thing in action would be even COOLER!:D

yes i do have a vid. camera and i will get a pic of it when i can. i'll actually try to get a pic of all the mills running

Very interesting pics... wow... that's one scary mean lookin' circular saw blade. Is that a huge planer in that pic, with the table and belts going up to what looks like maybe a set of very wide planer blades under that shrouding?
is is an edger. it is for cutting boards out of slabs. it has 3 vertical sawblades, 2 fixed, 1 adjustable. slabs are put onto the edger and the blade to the left(from the side facing the machine) squares the slab. then a blade 4" over cuts a 4X and then the next blade is adjustable to however wide a board you want.

Nice pics...

I think I would be counting my fingers and toes before and after using that circular monster!

it really isn't that bad. you are a good ways away from the blade. it looks mean. but it has been pretty neat tearing it down, moving it and setting it back up

just so you guys know i got some more good pics in the picture forum!!!

Back