a few questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

berry5

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
hey i will be installing a shaver owb next week. I had a few questions what temp will i be seeing at the vents? I installed a 139,000 btu exchanger in my duct work above my evaporator.I installed drains and valves for draining in the summer the second question is what is the power savings? i use about 1600 kw a month in the winter i will be heating my hot water thanks mike myhouse is 1900 square feet

Welcome

Welcome to the AS forum Berry5 -

From an earlier Google search I found this, to give you some idea of the conventional methods of heat... I would be curious to what others get also.

Propane Hot register temperature - Approx. 115-135 degrees
Natural Gas Hot register temperature - Approx. 115-135 degrees
Heat Pump Heat feels cold - register temperature Approx. 80- 95 degrees

This is what I get currently, which seems to heat up our house pretty quick.

reading_400.jpg

Here is a post when I installed my 120,000 BTU 18"x18" exchanger..

http://www.arboristsite.com/showthread.php?t=60148

My dual fuel furnace heat pump/propane made a cool 82 degrees with the heat pump and 112 to 115 on propane but there was a giant sucking sound coming from my propane tank and my wallet.
The H4 Hardy OWB easily runs 118 degrees on short run times. I have never raised the thermostat above 68 to see what the max temp would be with a longer run time.
My average monthly savings on electricity (hot water) and propane runs around $250

Latest posts

Back