a few random pics since im stuck in sparks neveda

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
new to me 034
GEDC0454.jpg

GEDC0315.jpg

GEDC0297.jpg

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i661.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid661.photobucket.com/albums/uu339/Evan03_photo/GEDC0220.flv">

359 buckn wood past the 20" bar, this is last tree it did before getn sick
<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i661.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid661.photobucket.com/albums/uu339/Evan03_photo/GEDC0187.flv">

044 28" almost bar size wood
<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i661.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid661.photobucket.com/albums/uu339/Evan03_photo/044vid2.flv">

all.jpg

combo.jpg

thats it for now, dont think ive ever posted the vid of my busted 044.

Last edited:
that is doug fir(red fir in idaho). im visiting family in neveda all the pics and vid are from idaho where ive been cutn.

359 is ported and runs pretty strong , but it started havn carb problems and i havent had time to sort it out yet.

So much I want to say, but I'll bite my tongue. When you're bucking a piece of wood that size (the 359 video), watch the kerf closely. When it starts to close, pull your saw out or drive in a wedge. Evan, as your friend, I'm calling for you to put your saws away until you get a competent person to teach you how to protect both yourself and your equipment. I don't know how else to say it.

after that vid i started at the downhillside and bucked up from there.

i also always have atleast one wedge, wedged in my pocket now just for that.

i am learning and your seeing me learn something most wont post on the net.

that vid was also almost 3 months ago alot has changed since then

i have seen much worse and glad to see the pros also jump on them so i atleast no im not being singled out

thank you for being my freind and feel free to speak your mind and not hold anything back. holding bck does me no good and and other traders learn more when its all layed out ther for everyone to see

Last edited:
You might think about less video while your cutting so you can focus on and learn how to cut properly. Setting up and taking video while your cutting is a distraction, IMO.

yup no vids in awhile not even of my big tree or the ported 372 or muffler modded 026

i must be learning somthing?

yeah the trailer load is doug fir to. tree was 40 plus, the pick with both the 372 and 044 on the log is the same tree thats on the trailer

we call it red fir in idaho. thats all im cutting it bings the most per cord in this area.
i may cut lodge poll if i manage to to cut 30cord of red fir. so far iv only cut 10-12 cord and have it all sold

i have learned alot and will continue to learn. and im pretty sure litefoot critigued me on the 359 vid a few months ago when it was new

thanks for the 034 complment. a guy i know said it was givin to him and he gave it to me because he didnt have use for it. its had safety chain with huge bumper links that i swapped for oregon lpx i havent cut with it yet but plan to have it along on many firewood trips

Last edited:
Oh, sorry I meant to say red fir. Bless the people splittin the 40 inch rounds. Most of the time with somethan over 30, I make noodles. Dad says work smarter not harder. Even though our splitter has a hydraulic boom that picks the wood up, it is still easier to split when its cut up in half or quaters

red fir is doug fir. this site schooled me in that aswell and i researched it and they are right.

i haven't split the big rounds down yet but i have to to make them manegable. theyre dry enough they split easy with a 8lb splitting maul.

the racks i built on the trailer are 4ft so there shy of 4ft by alittle at the biggest part of the tree. my brother and i rolled the rds up the trailer ramps to load them

Last edited:
ahh, the good ol maul, I tried splittin some oak the other day when I was sick. But needed the campin fire wood. Didnt get very much done, but did some poplar rounds to make myself feel stronger anyway.

ive got bobcat skidsteer, ive been looking tinto the parts to build log splitter on it. but so far the maul is all i realy need as ive been selling in the rds

Evan,

I'm so jealous, you live in an area that has timber all over the place. If you have access to so much of it, you should think about building a log home out of some.

Fir makes good homes, IMO...(my $0.02;))

Yeah, you seem to be learning some, I think it's good to let go of the video for a while. I know, speaking for myself, it's easy to get distracted with it. I like to use my camera more, because of that.

EDIT: that said, video is cool. :monkey:

Cheers,
TT

Last edited:
o26 big chaincase big dawgs
026chaincase1.jpg

026 3/4 wrap. bolts on
026wrap1.jpg

026wrap2.jpg

i dont run the 3/4 wrap or big dawgs on the 026 i just bolted them on to see if theyd fit, they do

widenose 25" on the 044
protip.jpg

few small trees
GEDC0182.jpg

where my wood is comeing from
GEDC0188.jpg

tradiional

it would be alot of work to get enough logs drig home to make a cabin.

now if i buy property i may may do just that with trees that are on it

it would be alot of work to get enough logs drig home to make a cabin.
Tell me about it, I'm draggin' 'em all the way from West Virginia! *lol*

If you can get the trees, you can probably get someone to haul 'em home for you. If you have the room to build, you could build it and move it anywhere you wanted. Something to think about...
now if i buy property i may may do just that with trees that are on it
That's a great way to do that, IMO. Anyway, something to think about if you like cutting wood, cause scribing logs would allow you to use your chainsaws, and do something productive with them.

Cheers,
TT (an advocate of building with logs)

the 026 is my saw. i just pulled the parts off my 3/4 wrap 044 to see if they fit. im always curious like that

3/4 handle to the big chaincase and big dawgs are a bolt on deal .

what got me to thinkn the wrap would work on the 026 was the spaced out mounting point on the 026 handle on the clutch side.

Latest posts

Back