A full house

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ultra you should get that Poulan running and use it as the loaner saw or it could be the new guys limber.

Is that a Poulan 53 or 71A? If it is a 71A it has a 92 CC engine and will pull a bar three feet in length with .404 pitch chain. I have a 71A with a bow, and for a saw made in the mid 70's 21 pounds for a power head is not to bad when it has 5.64 cubic inches. If you have worked on the Super Series Poulans you know that is is easer and faster to rebuild the top end than to just removing the carb. I have also learned if you lend a saw built like a tank it will still look as though it went through both World Wars when you get it back, and if one does not have a running saw their is a reason for it.

Is that a Poulan 53 or 71A? If it is a 71A it has a 92 CC engine and will pull a bar three feet in length with .404 pitch chain. I have a 71A with a bow, and for a saw made in the mid 70's 21 pounds for a power head is not to bad when it has 5.64 cubic inches. If you have worked on the Super Series Poulans you know that is is easer and faster to rebuild the top end than to just removing the carb. I have also learned if you lend a saw built like a tank it will still look as though it went through both World Wars when you get it back, and if one does not have a running saw their is a reason for it.

Its a 53.....

That's a beautiful sight. You have a terrific collection of saws there. Reminds me of a post by Thall that was so true its funny, "I don't saw all day anymore and have no urge to anymore. Makes me wonder why when I did I only had a few saws and now that I don't I got a saw for every limb on the whole dayumm tree and monster saws for trees that I will never get to cut" As addictions go this one is more fun and less harmful than most!
Brad

The model 53 is a good saw as well. It only has the manual oiler though, as the A after the numbers stood for an automatic oiler. You should use the saw, but it is loud as it does not have a muffler.

just a couple pics of a couple dolmars, couple huskies and a couple Stihl's

attachment.php

attachment.php

Right to left 351, 5100, 372xp, 7900, 660, 084

Shameless........simply Shameless.

just a couple pics of a couple dolmars, couple huskies and a couple Stihl's

attachment.php

attachment.php

Right to left 351, 5100, 372xp, 7900, 660, 084

Hell with them ole ugly saws, I sure like to have that tool box, it be prutyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

D@mn, Steve.....

What'd that box set you back, 4-5K???

Andy

Oh, wait....Snap On probably charges extra for the Day-Glo paint...:hmm3grin2orange:

Andy

Back