A "lean" 346XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkEagleUSA

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
I've had this saw for a while now and love how it runs. The only complaint I have is that it leans to the right and it's very noticeable.
The handle doesn't appear to be bent and all the A/V mounts seem to be fine. Is this normal for this saw?

uploadfromtaptalk1416186882994.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1416186916487.jpg

they all do that,,, try sitting it on the top of a hill side ,, you will find out you will be chasing it down the hill,,,, set it on the ground and it will fall over on its side

346's aren't all that common here and I got the first one in my shop a couple weeks ago. It leans just like this one. I had to laugh because I'd read they like to fall over on their own.

Is that a straight bolt on or did have to drill and grind?? Sorry too lazy to check it my self!!!

BTW, that's a really nice dawg!! Where did u get that?? Prolly cost a lot!!!!
I made this one several years ago. I started with a 357 dawg like I got from you, then cut and ground an entirely new one out of it. Quite a bit of work was required.

Like the other guys said, they just flop over. I was looking at mine and thinking drill one hole in the lower front handle at the bottom and bolt in some sort of rubber bumperstop foot, similar to like..hmm..what you might see on an appliance like a dryer. Or an old AV rubber kicking around your shop would be better.

It looks like the front handle is bent. Take it off, I think it will be easier to see where it's out.
I've had it off and even bought a cheap aftermarket handle... still leans.

Please don't take this the wrong way but are you only concerned how it sits on the shelf? Or am I missing the obvious?
You're not missing anything, it's just that it leans so much compared to any other saw I've had.

I was looking at mine and thinking drill one hole in the lower front handle at the bottom and bolt in some sort of rubber bumperstop foot, similar to like..hmm..what you might see on an appliance like a dryer. Or an old AV rubber kicking around your shop would be better.
I thought of rigging something up to the 2 handlebar bolts on the bottom myself. Perhaps a larger dawg like Brad's is the way to go.

Is that 357 dawg long enough to begin with?

Latest posts

Back