A little maintenance on a blustery day

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bushmans

Smoke Dragon Herder
Reaction score
So Momma borrowed my truck today to run a bunch of things to a soccer tournament so no wood cutting for me, which was OK because it was pretty windy and snowy today plus I just started a teardown on an 044 magnum and wanted to do some more work on it. That being said the air compressor needed tending to (dry rotted pressure gauge line) and the garage (workshop) needed a little cleaning. So I turned up the radio, grabbed a beer and a cigar and went to work. Once I fixed the Air Compressor I needed to blow out the saws from the last cutting and I propped it up on the bench and this little photo shoot took place. I love my 029 Super. Has a lot of history, blood, cash and has been across the country twice now. I figured I owed her some love.

View attachment 227248
attachment.php

I cleaned up my mess and tinkered with a few things while enjoying my Victor Sinclair and 1888 Bock. I have been messing with this homelite my bro gave me and I'm not really liking it. For 45cc it is kind of a dog.
View attachment 227249
attachment.php

Thanks for reading and hope your Saturday was a bit more eventful than mine.
-Bushman
:givebeer:

Ya don't need a saw to drop trees today. Looks like I will be cleaning up blowdowns for the next few days.

Ya don't need a saw to drop trees today. Looks like I will be cleaning up blowdowns for the next few days.
I have a few to cut up after the winds last night. Took down a 16" DBH Ash that had barber-chaired and was leaning into a big White Oak. Didn't use that saw on that one though - hooked up the come-along and pulled the bottom out until it crashed down.

I like Bushmans day better though! ::thumbsup::

The wind played hell on my OWB yesterday.

Woke up at 4 to no power(it had been out for about 2 hours) temp in the stove was 190ish,both lines in the house were hot.Went back to bed for another hour and checked it again,same temps.

House was sitting at 65 so I left for work.

Power came on about 8 and I had my kid check everything before he left and all seemed well.

I got home about 1 and the house was at 58 and the water was at 80...The temp must have got to high and tripped the temp switch.

I bought one of those new fangled Homelites brand new. That saw was directly responsible for my buying two brand new Stihls. :hmm3grin2orange:

Good times!

You MM that little homie yet? I notice on most of my cheap saws, that helps right off the bat, and is easy to do especially if ya don't care about looks.

And those things, being cheap, (I have I think four under my bench waiting for attention), might be nice to practice full porting on. Ya never know, might make a good runner. I don't recall seeing any threads on them here, porting I mean, but might exist.

A guy needs a few days like those to play catchup.

Took hay to the Donkeys, Filled the stock tank, cleaned out the OWB, Ran a the 3 way switches in the new addition and played with the puppy for a few hours.

I found two road kills last week so I've been using pheasants to train our so called "free dog" that cost me $235.00 so far. She's been doing real good foor four months old and picks up on the scent real fast.

Talking upper 30's for next week so it's time to get the saw out again.

Kind thoughts go out to those who were in the storms. One never realizes how good they have it until you see the those who suffer such a loss.

Good times!

You MM that little homie yet? I notice on most of my cheap saws, that helps right off the bat, and is easy to do especially if ya don't care about looks.

And those things, being cheap, (I have I think four under my bench waiting for attention), might be nice to practice full porting on. Ya never know, might make a good runner. I don't recall seeing any threads on them here, porting I mean, but might exist.

I didn't do much to it. my brother said it leaked gas so I started tearing it down and realized I needed a certain star screwdriver so I checked the fuel system (filter plugged solid) and cleaned air filter (plugged solid), filled the tank and checked for leaks. Started it, tried to tune it, might have an air leak, doesn't seem to want to "stay" in one idle. I took it to a stump and did not like the performance at all so I put it away for now. The 044 seemed like more fun!
One day i will strip it and then maybe a port if it isn't shot.

Back