A little milling this weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
aggiewoodbutchr

aggiewoodbutchr

Addicted to ArboristSite
I finally had the time and weather to do some milling Saturday.:clap:

My father was helping me so we made the first cuts on 2 logs as well as finished slabbing one we started a while back. I hope to make a few more cuts this week.

Here's the pics...

Slabs from the log we finished.

attachment.php

attachment.php

new log

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
woodshop

woodshop

Addicted to ArboristSite
Nice aggie... love seeing old logs opened up to show what they got. Is that 8/4? something I always wanted to do was show a piece of furniture tree to finished product in a series of pics. I've done it here on AS sortof, when I showed making my avatar, but it was not same tree/wood start to finish.

aggiewoodbutchr

aggiewoodbutchr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Thanks folks! :cheers:

:popcorn: :rock:

Nice! Some cool grain there. You should shoot some videos and throw them on Youtube.

I have some but refrained from posting them because they will bore you to tears.

Looks like you got that chainsaw dragging a planner. Must have those chains real sharp. That is amazing for that length bar. Good looking wood, aggie.

.325 chain!:clap: Smooth even after 3 cuts.

Nice aggie... love seeing old logs opened up to show what they got. Is that 8/4? something I always wanted to do was show a piece of furniture tree to finished product in a series of pics. I've done it here on AS sortof, when I showed making my avatar, but it was not same tree/wood start to finish.

These are 13/4. I wanted to ensure I'll be able to flatten out at least 2". I hope to build a project real soon using the pecan slabs I milled last year. I have the design in my head already... just need the time.

martrix

martrix

ArboristSite Operative
I have some but refrained from posting them because they will bore you to tears.

I want to be bored.:D I would rather watch 5-10 minutes of slabbing rather than wasting some oxygen hearing about Paris Hilton or Lindsay lohans latest bid for the Darwin award.

Plus its the only way I can get a fix of Millin' while I am still rebuilding my 051 and working.:bowdown:

Last edited:
aggiewoodbutchr

aggiewoodbutchr

Addicted to ArboristSite
I want to be bored.:D I would rather watch 5-10 minutes of slabbing rather than wasting some oxygen hearing about Paris Hilton or Lindsay lohans latest bid for the Darwin award.

Plus its the only way I can get a fix of Millin' while I am still rebuilding my 051 and working.:bowdown:

I'll see what I can do with them. Don't hold your breath as I haven't posted vids before.

Latest posts