A little milling this weekend

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aggiewoodbutchr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I finally had the time and weather to do some milling Saturday.:clap:

My father was helping me so we made the first cuts on 2 logs as well as finished slabbing one we started a while back. I hope to make a few more cuts this week.

Here's the pics...

Slabs from the log we finished.

attachment.php

attachment.php

new log

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Smooth

Looks like you got that chainsaw dragging a planner. Must have those chains real sharp. That is amazing for that length bar. Good looking wood, aggie.

Nice aggie... love seeing old logs opened up to show what they got. Is that 8/4? something I always wanted to do was show a piece of furniture tree to finished product in a series of pics. I've done it here on AS sortof, when I showed making my avatar, but it was not same tree/wood start to finish.

Thanks folks! :cheers:

:popcorn: :rock:

Nice! Some cool grain there. You should shoot some videos and throw them on Youtube.

I have some but refrained from posting them because they will bore you to tears.

Looks like you got that chainsaw dragging a planner. Must have those chains real sharp. That is amazing for that length bar. Good looking wood, aggie.

.325 chain!:clap: Smooth even after 3 cuts.

Nice aggie... love seeing old logs opened up to show what they got. Is that 8/4? something I always wanted to do was show a piece of furniture tree to finished product in a series of pics. I've done it here on AS sortof, when I showed making my avatar, but it was not same tree/wood start to finish.

These are 13/4. I wanted to ensure I'll be able to flatten out at least 2". I hope to build a project real soon using the pecan slabs I milled last year. I have the design in my head already... just need the time.

I have some ((video)) but refrained from posting them because they will bore you to tears.

Same here... have several videos milling, both csm and Ripsaw, but once you start down that log it's pretty boring till you get to the end. Kinda same ol same ol for several minutes.

I have some but refrained from posting them because they will bore you to tears.

I want to be bored.:D I would rather watch 5-10 minutes of slabbing rather than wasting some oxygen hearing about Paris Hilton or Lindsay lohans latest bid for the Darwin award.

Plus its the only way I can get a fix of Millin' while I am still rebuilding my 051 and working.:bowdown:

Last edited:
I want to be bored.:D I would rather watch 5-10 minutes of slabbing rather than wasting some oxygen hearing about Paris Hilton or Lindsay lohans latest bid for the Darwin award.

Plus its the only way I can get a fix of Millin' while I am still rebuilding my 051 and working.:bowdown:

I'll see what I can do with them. Don't hold your breath as I haven't posted vids before.

Back