A lot of white & orange metal (pix & vid)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brmorgan

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
A lot of old white & orange metal (pix & vid)

Well it's another beautiful sunny British Columbia day here - middle of February and it's T-Shirt weather - so I decided to line up all my old Stihl saws for a couple pictures and to see if I could get a video of them all idling at the same time. Success!

attachment.php

Front to back: 031AV, 041, 041AV, 041AV Super, 041 Geardrive, 045AV, and 090. Took some digging to find a bar and chain for each one! Still a few holes to fill but not a bad collection at all IMO. The only one missing was my 08S/TS350 - it's down at my brother's place with the rest of the yard care equipment right now. My old 066 is almost old enough to be included but it has too much plastic on it for this lineup.:chainsaw: My neighbor saw me dragging them all out and came over to see what was going on. I told him to bring his earplugs!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/OAfhXsVY5AU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/OAfhXsVY5AU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited:
I show threads like this to my wife. "Look, I'm normal, this guy doesn't just take photos of his saws, he takes videos of them idling too".

I notice that she appears to have hidden the video camera.....

I show threads like this to my wife. "Look, I'm normal, this guy doesn't just take photos of his saws, he takes videos of them idling too".

I notice that she appears to have hidden the video camera.....

I did that once with all my old Poulans to post in the Poulan thread.

I had just posted them and brought em up on the screen when my wife walked in and seen them on the screen.

She said somthing about all them saws that guy had and I said see I don't have that many! She just nodded and walked away and didn't realize all them saws in the picture were mine and the picture was in her back yard.

Thats one good thing about marrying a blond. :hmm3grin2orange:

It says the video is private and we all have to be your friends to see it.

Pictures look great and I didn't bother trying to tell my wife that I don't have that many because she was in the shop about an hour ago and she can count.:laugh:

Mr. HE:cool:

LOL I showed my wife the "cut some wood" thread I did yesterday......................... she called me a dork as she :ices_rofl:! They just don't understand.

I had just posted them and brought em up on the screen when my wife walked in and seen them on the screen.

She said somthing about all them saws that guy had and I said see I don't have that many! She just nodded and walked away and didn't realize all them saws in the picture were mine and the picture was in her back yard.

Dang Mark, you'd better get some wood in the shop cause if she reads that you may need to be sleeping there.

Video should be fine now. I forgot I had it set to "private" while I was making sure it converted properly.

Next project is to get all 10 of my complete Huskies running side by side. Lots of work before that'll happen though. The parts are all there but they don't all run.

Last edited:
I like how you can hear the 090 over all the rest of them. Sweet sweet sound. That right there gentleman is music as it was meant to sound.:cheers:

I like how you can hear the 090 over all the rest of them. Sweet sweet sound. That right there gentleman is music as it was meant to sound.:cheers:

Yeah I wanted to shut the 090 off last (and thought I had) but the friggin' kill switch on the 045 is a bit picky. I couldn't hear it over the 090 though and didn't know it was still runnin' until it was the only one left!

Great collection:cheers: I have an 031, its in great shape runs nice, i have to trim the plug wire tho. Mark, I have a blond too i can relate:biggrinbounce2:

:hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange::hmm3grin2orange:

Awesome collection! Lined up like little soldiers.

Amazing you don't have snow on the ground there! I haven't seen the ground in 3 weeks at least.

Brad's Stihl's

Brad,you never told me you were the lead conductor of the Cariboo Choir.I agree with the other post it sounded like a gang of Harley's.Nice pictures and video!
Lawrence

Back