A lovely day in the woods....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fred Wright

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Hi guys. :)

What a beautiful day it's been today. Had the day off which means a day in the woods with the saw. Only thing a man could ask for is it be about 10 degrees cooler. ;)

The big, ugly maple is now bucked into nice 16" rounds. With the large limbs and a couple smaller maples felled to make room, there's close to a cord out there. I still gotta get it loaded to the yard but that's a project for another day.

While the SheWolf was keeping warm this morning watching the Fire Channel I was out there with the saw, chains and tractor yielding not to the temptation to shed my jacket. It was 35* this morning but it's too easy to work up a sweat.

One smaller maple was hung on a springpole. I whacked a few rounds off the base 'til it balanced then chained it and dragged it down to the ground. Figured this was a bit easier and a lot safer than chewing on that springpole.

The SheWolf snuck up on me later... had my earplugs in and didn't know she was there. :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks like you had some fun! You going to cut the stump off a little more? Probably get a couple stove loads out of what is left there.

Yup, the stump is gonna go. Will probably saw it off next time I'm out there. I was too tired to fuss with it Saturday. :)

Should've taken a closeup photo of that stump. It's cut high, there was a 10" branch growing out just below the cut. Had to remove it first... it hung in an adjacent tree. There's always something around here to make cutting ever more amusing. :D

Back