A month till fall starts here..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you so much!! We here stand with you, the greatest nation on planet Earth. And I've got my american flag in my yard to prove it. Bless you and let't have a great Burning season :))

Well??? It's 101F here today... But I'm ready for winter when it comes!!!

attachment.php

C'mon old man winter!!! Bring it!!!

How long do you let Osage season? Guy around here says it takes 6 years, but his is in a tin-roofed shed in the shade from day-1. Sorry for hijacking the thread, but Hedge's pic reminded me.

How long do you let Osage season? Guy around here says it takes 6 years, but his is in a tin-roofed shed in the shade from day-1. Sorry for hijacking the thread, but Hedge's pic reminded me.

Six years? Whats he burn, sawdust?

I don't care what kind of wood it is... I thought 6 years was a bit much myself. He's a young guy who is probably just repeating what his 90 year old grandfather told him. Interested to hear what others think...

Hedge is low moisture. 6 mos should do it.
Heck, it ain't bad green.

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Everything I cut gets split and stacked for a year before I burn it... But hedge will heat your house from day 1. It's low moisture stuff... Heavy when dry.. Just gets harder with age...

Green Osage and honey locust makes a hot fire.

Most of my neighbors just chunk it up in the fall and start burning... Not the right way to do it, but it gets them by... Especially the ones with the outside wood burners... They'll burn everything in there... And I mean ANYTHING!!! Done processing a deer? Throw the remnants in the Hardy... Got a couple old RR ties??? No problem... Chunk em' to size and pitch em' in on top of a couple chunks of hedge... They're way more concerned with getting the cows fed than properly seasoning their firewood... :hmm3grin2orange:

Back