A New Stihl!!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shucksters

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
:hmm3grin2orange:

I just picked up my spankin' new Stihl MS440 Magnum :cool: with a 20 on it
and I feel like it's Christmas!!!! I traded a 310 and a 009L for it with my dealer (who is great).

Life is good in Tennessee (except for the tornados we are dodging right now)!

Ya'll have a great weekend!!! :clap:

you are sooo right- I had to play with it a little in between storms today.
I bought it after I got the 200T and figured out what I had been missing
out on by not going the extra mile for a pro saw. All I can say is..QUALITY

shucksters said:
you are sooo right- I had to play with it a little in between storms today.
I bought it after I got the 200T and figured out what I had been missing
out on by not going the extra mile for a pro saw. All I can say is..QUALITY

Like that 440 do ya, its a nice saw no doult. They been making that model for many many years. Stihl claims its one of the best selling pro saws in the world but hell it ought to be , they been making it seems like forever,haha, just messing with ya but Stihl does claim that. Glad ya like it, its a goodie for sure.................

I would have waited for the MS-441! :jawdrop:

Nice saw though. I just did never like the air filter setups on them. The new 441 has the husky style filtration system that almost never needs cleaning (to an extent) and a a one peice cover. Looks like Stihl is taken lessons from the Elux brands....that ought to stir the pot for a while! :laugh:

Freakingstang said:
I would have waited for the MS-441! :jawdrop:

Nice saw though. I just did never like the air filter setups on them. The new 441 has the husky style filtration system that almost never needs cleaning (to an extent) and a a one peice cover. Looks like Stihl is taken lessons from the Elux brands....that ought to stir the pot for a while! :laugh:

lolol, Get that broom handle out that bucket,lolol. Ya know I sold a 361 a week or so ago to a customer and he says that saw looks alittle different than most Stihl's. I said yeah it does, its a completely new design from Stihl and to tell ya the truth it doesn't really sound like most Stihl's either, it sounds somewhat like a Husky. He says whatttttttttttttttt, I don't want that dayumm thing then. I said all hell its still a Stihl, Huskies pretty good too. He says I didn't have much luck with mine. I said well even so they both pretty good saws. He smiled and tells me your not gonna knock the Husky are you. I said nope, why should I, I don't really know all that much about them and I'm not gonna knock them just to get you to buy mine. He said fire up that 361, I want it. Just goes to show ya gotta know when to stir and when not to. I learned long ago let the customer knock the other brand all he wants but you the seller have to play it cool and seems they appreciate that and buy everytime. Stang soon as I get those 441's in come on by,lol..

That's shaken and stirred I think. i got no problem with Huskys- my 394XP is like Aerosmith- you can't kill it. I'm too impatient to wait on the 441 and I would of had to wait until they worked the kinks out probably anyway.

Now I want a 361 to round it out and I'm set.

shucksters said:
That's shaken and stirred I think. i got no problem with Huskys- my 394XP is like Aerosmith- you can't kill it. I'm too impatient to wait on the 441 and I would of had to wait until they worked the kinks out probably anyway.

Now I want a 361 to round it out and I'm set.

Can't tell ya thing about the soon to be 441's but I can tell ya something bout those 361's. Every one I've sold so far have yet to come back for anything. Some of the ones that have bought them from me have stopped in to say they love that saw. Even sold a new 361 to my brother of all people. He spends 1100.00 -1200.00 on Hoyt bows for shooting plastic deer at the bow shoots so he's a picky sucker. Its got to be dayumm good for him to say its ok. He says the 361 is ok so it must be one helluva saw....................

THALL10326 said:
He spends 1100.00 -1200.00 on Hoyt bows for shooting plastic deer at the bow shoots so he's a picky sucker. Its got to be dayumm good for him to say its ok. He says the 361 is ok so it must be one helluva saw....................
Good for shooting Hoyt bows at? ;)

spacemule said:
Good for shooting Hoyt bows at? ;)

Space if ya seen them damn bows you wouldn't beleive it. He doesn't use peep sights like most do, he's got scopes on them damn things. Craziest thing I've ever seen but boy at 50 yards he can drill those arrows in a 50 cent piece so I reckon he knows what he's doing. Uses arrows that cost around 15.00-20.00 a peice. Too costly a hobby for me, hell saws are way cheaper than Hoyt bows and plastic deer shooting. I think they call it 3-D shooting or sumthing like that. Its a very costly hobby if ya really get into it. ...................

Freakingstang said:
..... Looks like Stihl is taken lessons from the Elux brands....that ought to stir the pot for a while! :laugh:
It looks like they have taken a few lessons from Oregon also, as they have been busy copying the anti-vibe and the kick-back reducing features from the Oregon LP, VP, BP etc, on the new chain types that has been introduced the last 2-3 years......

Freakingstang said:
..... Looks like Stihl is taken lessons from the Elux brands....that ought to stir the pot for a while! :laugh:
It looks like they have taken a few lessons from Oregon also, as they have been busy copying the anti-vibe and the kick-back reducing features from the Oregon LP, VP, BP etc, on the new chain types that has been introduced the last 2-3 years......

So far it has resulted in RSC, RMC and RSC3. :)

One thing about them plastic deer is you dont usually have to do much tracking after you shoot em. Man they are a pain to skin though. They stink when you cook em and theyre hard to chew.

fubar2 said:
One thing about them plastic deer is you dont usually have to do much tracking after you shoot em. Man they are a pain to skin though. They stink when you cook em and theyre hard to chew.

lololol, good one......................

Latest posts

Back