A new YZ

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

romeo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I've been bustin out another YZ250. I have played around with several different makes but I think they are all going to be Yamahas from now on.
Solo681002.jpg

Solo681001.jpg

Anybody in bike saws running the newer fourstrokes?? Just wondering

I have been toying with the idea of building one from a Honda 450F. I think it would make a good hot start saw. That is the only model where the transmission and crankcase sumps are separate so divorcing the trany would be easy.

I doubt they would make a good cold start saw, lots of power and the rpms are high but its tough to beat the instant snap of a two stroke. It would give the two strokes at least a full second head start on that alone. They are also a bit heavier.

I have been toying with the idea of building one from a Honda 450F. I think it would make a good hot start saw. That is the only model where the transmission and crankcase sumps are separate so divorcing the trany would be easy.

I doubt they would make a good cold start saw, lots of power and the rpms are high but its tough to beat the instant snap of a two stroke. It would give the two strokes at least a full second head start on that alone. They are also a bit heavier.

Cold start would have to be electric....:cheers: :cheers:

I've been bustin out another YZ250. I have played around with several different makes but I think they are all going to be Yamahas from now on.
Solo681002.jpg

Solo681001.jpg

Me and you, uhh, I mean you and I have way to many of the same toys, umm, I mean tools.

Me and you, uhh, I mean you and I have way to many of the same toys, umm, I mean tools.

That is Redprospectors house, so most of those are his toy-uhh-ools. I also have a nice pile of toy-ools at my place. They are better than "plain toys", your wife can't make you sell things that make $$$$$$.

This toy has been under the gun for about a year. But it somehow keeps dodging the bullets.
piston013.jpg

why YZ???

Any reason why you like Yamaha over the others.
Does any one have any more pics, I'm looking to build one my self but don't know where to start.??????????????????????:chainsawguy:

Any reason why you like Yamaha over the others.
Does any one have any more pics, I'm looking to build one my self but don't know where to start.??????????????????????:chainsawguy:
I like Yamahas because thats what I have built so I know what to expect. You find what works for you and you keep with it. I also do Kawasakis, thats what I am building for my latest saw even though I swore off them.

Google "romeo bikesaw" you should be able to find quite a few pics.

Last edited:
how much would one of those run me? Or i could cut up my cr....

Latest posts

Back