A no money Husky 55

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guido Salvage

Supreme Saw Whoreder
Reaction score
Over the years I have done some "horse trading" and ended up with various items I would not have normally acquired. I used to have a 1959 International Harvester B-120 4 wheel drive truck but sold it to the fellow that owned the car lot where I bought my 1970 Dodge W-200 Power Wagon. I still look for old IH trucks and came across a 1971 4 wheel drive 1500 series (1.5 ton) before Christmas. I took a look at it and the 1974 200 pickup he had and decided to pass. The owner called me in mid January and asked if I wanted the trucks and I decided to get the 1500 based on the price he quoted with the sole intent of flipping it.

IHtrucks016.jpg

I listed it on the local Craigslist at the end of April and soon had a serious buyer for it. He offered me $500 less than my asking price (which was 2.5 times my investment) and I told him he needed to come up with at least another $200. To make a long story short, I ended up with a couple of shotguns for free that i did not need.

Fast forward to this past Friday where there was a Husky 55 for sale/trade on the local CL. I ended up trading the guns for the saw.

Homelitesaws012.jpg

Homelitesaws013.jpg

Homelitesaws014.jpg

Always good to get something without the exchange of money.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. From what i understand a 1500 4x4 is quite rare. I found another right after Thanksgiving while going to look at a Minneapolis-Moline tractor that I should check on.

Not sure who got the better deal out of this, the chain brake seems week on the saw but I got rid of two guns I paid nothing for and was never going to use. Did you notice that it has both an outer and inner dog?

I had not played with the saw since I got it on Saturday. When i manually pulled the chain around there seemed to be a lot of grit on the bar and chain. Took it all apart and cleaned both and everything now seems happy.

Thats funny! The cycle continues! How much is he making if you dont mind me askin? What shotguns did you give in trade for the saw. The saw looks good btw!

Good score. I built one up for a buddy, and it is a screamer for what it is. IMHO, it's one of the better sub-60cc saws out there. In fact, I have one more under the bench that is fixin to be put back into service as soon as I get some parts.

Thats funny! The cycle continues! How much is he making if you dont mind me askin? What shotguns did you give in trade for the saw. The saw looks good btw!
He is never going to sell the truck at that price, it may bring half of what he is asking and he will make a little money on it at that price. I got a Mossberg 500 AT pump and an old single shot Stevens in trade. The Mossberg was in nice shape, but think the only sell for around $210 new.

the next time you want to trade guns for saws, let me know. i am always looking for both!!!!
BTW, i like the old IH 4x4. a ride in an old scout is a close as it gets to a safari for me.

Back