A pair of Stihl geardrives - 090G's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CM76

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I secured a deal on these saws a while back, and they finally arrived the other day from the U.S.A. My wife took delivery of the packages - allbeit under a little bit of protesting.

They are a pair of Stihl 090G's - one saw has been used but is in pretty well perfect shape with hardly a mark on it. The other saw has not been used at all.

The used 090G is fitted out with a 30" hardnose Stihl bar, and complemented by a nice loop of Stihl 1/2" chain. I can't wait to give the used 090G a run, but will more than likely leave the unused saw as is.

Here are some pics of the saws.

Regards,

Chris.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Beautiful saws! I have an 041G that has never seen gas but, seem to fail in comparison to yours.
J

HOLY **** BATMAN.
Where the ef did you find them bad boys.
Those are the best pair of 090G's i have seen.

Congrats:cheers:

Someday i will get one, Someday:(

Lee

Thanks for Sharing, Beautiful saws, although I hate to see such nice saws on the concrete like that. If you gonna run 'em, then I guess it wouldn't matter.;)

That is definitely a find to be proud of!!! I have family over in Australia somewhere, never talked to them, dont even know where they live in Australia. Gonna have to find out and go visit just so I have an excuse to see your collection LOL.:bowdown:

HOLY **** BATMAN.
Where the ef did you find them bad boys.
Those are the best pair of 090G's i have seen.

Congrats:cheers:

Someday i will get one, Someday:(

Lee

Hi Lee - The previous owner of these saws purchased them from a dealer auction. There were three of these 090G's - all brand new. He used one of them to cut some trees down on his property, and this is the used saw that is now mine.
The other two saws have not been started, and one of these saws is also mine. He is keeping the other new saw for himself.

It was too good an opportunity to pass up, so I struck while the iron was hot.

Regards,

Chris.

Thanks for Sharing, Beautiful saws, although I hate to see such nice saws on the concrete like that. If you gonna run 'em, then I guess it wouldn't matter.;)

No problem with the saws on the concrete. They were 'gently' placed for photo purposes only. These girls will get the attention and care that will keep them in their current condition for years to come!

Regards,

Chris.

Those are beautiful Chris! You never know what's hiding on a dealers shelf or in someones barn or closet. And here I thought mine was clean, lol.

Thanks Brad. It actually was your 090G thread that inspired me to look for one of these old monsters. Your saw is a fine example of the model as well. I enjoyed the vid you posted - where the big saw started to bite and kick during the latter stages of the cut. Nothing like wrestling a geardrive!!!!

Regards,

Chris.

Back