A pair of Stihl geardrives - 090G's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks gents. I must say that I am pretty pleased with the pair myself. Shipping is always a gamble when the saws have to come a long way - but full credit to the guy who packed them for me, as they were completely secured with heavy duty foam lined cardboard boxes. Some of the saw packages I have received in the past were no more than a lightweight cardboard box filled with a little scrunched up newspaper and some loose poly chips. It is a wonder that the saws concerned have made it through in one piece.

Shipping costs are high, although our dollar is riding pretty well against the USD at the moment which always helps.

The twins are sitting nicely amongst some Homelite and McCulloch friends - definitely an early Christmas present for me.

Regards,

Chris.

HOLY **** BATMAN.
Where the ef did you find them bad boys.
Those are the best pair of 090G's i have seen.

Congrats:cheers:

Someday i will get one, Someday:(

Lee

I have a feeling they came off the east coast not all that far from you. This is just a thought though:D

Awesome saw!
I MEAN SAWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The chain sticker on the gear case is really COOL to be intake!!!!!
That is only the third time I have seen it!!!!

As always! Sweet grabs!

Wow my buddy bought a Alaskan mill with 2 090's a couple of yrs ago for $1000 bucks I thought those were clean saws but these look like they have never been ran before. nice museum pieces of what was used in the past. Any idea of what yr these saws were from?

They started making them in 1969. Not sure when they exactly stop making them, but I have IPL's, literature and service manuals over a 3 year period 1969, 1970 and 1971

Glad to have you back on board Matt.

I will have to grab the serial No's from these saws and do a little research in the way of finding out their build dates. It is always interesting to know when they rolled off the assembly line.

Regards,

Chris.

Back