A pic of me and YoungNick at the tree house project

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Paul Sanborn

Above average climber
Reaction score
7920051206202506400085.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought you were building a tree house. You know the infamous G. Beranek?
Looks like you need to put ankle weights on little Nick there to keep him on the ground. :laugh: He looks born to climb.

is that a scratch off lottery ticket in your hand

It's another pic someone else took with a Poloroid

I thought you were building a tree house. You know the infamous G. Beranek?

More like we know who each other is, Hi Gery, Hi John...The base of the tree is hollow, and people used to sleep in it, now it's the vestibule for a tourist trap souvenir store.

So you are the taller one?:popcorn:

Taller then Nick with you on his shoulders :laugh:

clearance How come you have your chinstrap on?

Because I alway have it on? Besides, with a tree that tall, when you look up the helmet falls off.

Just standing, slowly turning around, saying "Hooooooly Cow! I'M INSIDE A GIANT TREE!"

Yep, and then we drove through one!

My in laws thought I was nuts pulling over to take pics of trees and people working on trees. Next time I go out there I am definately climbing one of those suckers.........

Yep, and then we drove through one!

My in laws thought I was nuts pulling over to take pics of trees and people working on trees. Next time I go out there I am definately climbing one of those suckers.........

Gerry B. was outfitting big climbs, if he is not still I'm sure he could help you find someone who could assist.

You have to watch out with park trees, the Parkies get a little upset if they find you. I've heard stories of gear getting confiscated.

WOW!!!! Cool pic. That was like 2002 or 2003, right? I went back and checked out the tree last year. It's looking pretty good.

John, I just drove through boulder, co a couple days ago and drove by the Nandori Cafe, the indian place where we ate with Fred's crew!

love
nick

ps- just leave the chin strap on!

WOW!!!! Cool pic. That was like 2002 or 2003, right? I went back and checked out the tree last year. It's looking pretty good.

John, I just drove through boulder, co a couple days ago and drove by the Nandori Cafe, the indian place where we ate with Fred's crew!

love
nick

ps- just leave the chin strap on!

03, I thought I linked to Charly's website (maybe the link got delelted by another moderator...)

http://www.charlysinternational.com/gallery/

"John, I just drove through boulder, co a couple days ago and drove by the Nandori Cafe, the indian place where we ate with Fred's crew!"

And you didn't look us up?! (That's Tandoori Grill, btw ;) )

Last edited by a moderator:
They almost went out of business after JPS ate all their food!

Hi Fred, long time no read!

I'll look you up when we get out that way. My wife keeps talking about going to CO on vacation. We just keep using too much of it up here and there to get away for a long period.

Then there is the fact that I hate not working for more then 3-4 days in a row, and she is dead set against a working vacation :laugh:

"and what am I supposed to do while your off in a tree playing with your friends!"

JPS,

I've been lurking a little.

So, bring her saddle, and we'll do a rec. climb in a beautiful grove of big cottonwoods.:blob2: Or, she and my wife can hang, and complain about the dirt they find under our fingernails, or whatever.

Hope you're doing well.

Back