A possible project saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Modules go on them fairly often and the early model solenoids on the carbs have been a problem, there is a new upgrade for the solenoids, the white one so if both are bad it runs around $250. here to fix both. Good saws when running right , seem a bit under powered compared to the old 036 or MS360.

Modules go on them fairly often and the early model solenoids on the carbs have been a problem, there is a new upgrade for the solenoids, the white one so if both are bad it runs around $250. here to fix both. Good saws when running right , seem a bit under powered compared to the old 036 or MS360.

Sounds like pass on it, if over $100. So $50 or $75, whats a good offer?

My 362cm died all of a sudden. The coil failed, but was covered by Stihl under some sort of extended warranty for coils. If the piston and cylinder are good and the compression and bearings are good it can’t cost too much to repair. $100-200 offer?

I'm thinking in the $100 range IF you can look at the cylinder and it looks good. I'm working on a ms201 M-Tronic for a guy now. Saw was dropped out of a tree and it's all busted up. Looks like sheet. He paid $300 for it and will have a little over $100 in parts. Saw is only 5 months old.

I'm thinking in the $100 range IF you can look at the cylinder and it looks good. I'm working on a ms201 M-Tronic for a guy now. Saw was dropped out of a tree and it's all busted up. Looks like sheet. He paid $300 for it and will have a little over $100 in parts. Saw is only 5 months old.

I would simply hold the saw elevated by the starter rope and see if it holds its own weight. That works for my current saws and has kept me buying other possible project saws.

Sounds like pass on it, if over $100. So $50 or $75, whats a good offer?
Non runners, a hundred bucks PHO or add $25. if it has a good bar and chain. One needs to look them over carefully for stripped screws or cracks in the chassis, recoil and bar pads.

The moronic ones are a little wheezy, not the originals, imo.

I recently sold my original, pristine one. Only because I wasn't using it much and I could get almost what I paid for it. Less inflation, of course.

even the non moronic ones are too complex for me. I prefer simpler built saws.

but ya, 100 bucks or slightly more would most likely assure a good saw at a good price. Assuming not a wreck, that is.

Handle broke?

Latest posts

Back