A quick question

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bad E

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the correct forum...or even if there is a right forum for this question.The other day I saw a beautiful wooden bench made with giant maple tree end pieces. I was with my wife and we both loved it. They were asking $300. I told her in the car I could make her one for a lot less.
She said later that week..go ahead and make it. I went up and found a big old downed cherry tree about 24" diameter and cut two nice matching 3' sections out of them for the end pieces. I then realized I did not remember exactly how the bench section was attached to the two trunk sections. I went back to the place to see and the bench had sold. Any suggestions??

I seem to recall that the trunk sections had been cut out to accept the plankwood bench parts. Anybody do this kind of thing on here???

Cut a slit throught the side trunks and slide the board through it?

The problem will be cutting the sides of slit out if you going to be using a sab of cherry as wide as you bar the you can very carefuly bore cut out those too. If its smaller you'll have to cut that out by hand. Next problem will be matching up your cuts true on the other bit of trunk.

I've made a few bike stands and planters by cutting out "letterboxes" but never a bench gives me an idea.....

Latest posts

Back